Dead Sea and water shoes question.

ombrelle

This may seem as a frivolous question, but here it is anyway.

We heard about bathing suits getting faded and ruined, how about water shoes?

We will be doing a post cruise vacation ( Cote D'Azur , Nice )

Will pack old bathing suit for the Dead Sea but what about water shoes, do they also get ruined? Do we need them for the Dead Sea?

We want to use them on the beaches in Nice, since beaches there are very rocky. Don't want to look like ( well you know what I mean ) L.O.L.;);)

Thanks

Will pack old bathing suit for the Dead Sea but what about water shoes, do they also get ruined? Do we need them for the Dead Sea?Thanks

Rinse them very, very thoroughly (and yourself, for that matter ;)). We didn't wear water shoes. Wore flip flops down to the water (it's rocky there, too; at least at the resort we were at) then went in barefoot. The water level is way down these days, by the way.

Enjoy!

the resort we stopped at had rocky beach area so shoes are a benefit there. However, once we got into the water, the bottom was so mucky and slimey that my DIL lost one of her water shoes in the mud never to be seen again. For all we know it is still stuck in the mud and the other one is in the garbage!! LOL

Thanks guys,

So we will bring then along to walk on rocky ground and leave them on the shore before going in the water.

Thank you a great solution!:)

Anything you take into the dead sea will be fine as long as you rinse it throughly.

The dead sea is an amazing experience. I've bored everyone to tears talking about it.

If your interested in history may I suggest Masada. A fasinating place with stunning views across the dead sea.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just there last week. We has heard that salt crystals could hurt your feet so we used water shoes (the cheap Walmart kind;) however, the others in our group did not.

We did not have an issue with our swim suits fading, perhaps because we were only in the water for about 30 minutes. The beach we were at had outdoor showers where we could rinse off which , of course rinsed some of the salt off our suits too and then we rinsed them out again when we got back to the ship.

• 1 month later...
Don't shave your legs before venturing into the Dead Sea..... That salt stings lol

Absolutely!!!! I would even bring an assortment of the waterproof bandages with you. If you get even the tiniest cut anywhere, when you go in the water, it's gonna sting like crazy!

If you can fit it, absolutely go up to Masada! Lots of history, good ruins, and an amazing view across the valley with the Dead Sea and Jordan.

I'm wondering where your tours have taken you folks for you Dead Sea experience. I took a day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea one of my days I was in Israel with my hubby (he was on business). We went to the Ein Gedi spa - a little place, but nice. It wasn't a hotel. There were indoor and outdoor mineral baths of different temps, a "mud bath" area on the way down to the Sea.

I'm wondering where your tours have taken you folks for you Dead Sea experience. I took a day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea one of my days I was in Israel with my hubby (he was on business). We went to the Ein Gedi spa - a little place, but nice. It wasn't a hotel. There were indoor and outdoor mineral baths of different temps, a "mud bath" area on the way down to the Sea.

Guided Tours Israel took us to Kalia Beach on the "Jerusalem + The Dead Sea Tour". We had lunch in their buffet restaurant which included the right to use their bathroom facilities

Archived