Med. in June

msdebbe

Need advice on what to wear on our Med. cruise in June. We will be visiting several ports which include a few churches and I know to cover shoulders, knees...but wondering how "dressy" people dress in the evening on this type of cruise (7 days) 2 formal nights, 1 smart casual, and the rest casual.

Thanks,

Debbe

What line/ship are you on? I'd suggest posting on their board to get a better idea. Some ships encourage (even enforce) a more formal dress code than others. Some ships have formal evenings that are "optional" and many people do not really dress up that much. At least, not by the true definition of formal.

A few years back, passengers on Med/European cruises tended to be a little dressier. Now they do not seem to dress up at much, whether due to luggage restrictions, personal choice and style, or ships pretty much not enforcing their stated codes.

On our Med cruise last May we had any time dining. I saw a few women dressed up in cocktail dresses, but I never saw anyone in a long dress. I don't recall seeing any tuxes either. Some women wore just nice dresses. We went a little dresser for formal nights but not much. We just didn't have space for it in our luggage. We did a week in Italy before the cruise, moving from location to location by train. Could you imaging what a really formal dress would look like after being stuffed in a suitcase for a week and lugged all over Italy??:) We took nice black pants with dressier tops for formal nights. We felt like we "fit in".

For casual and semi-casual, I wore capris or white colored pants.

I have a review, and it has some pictures of us at dinner if you want to check them out.

We've done 3 Med cruises, 2 with Celebrity and 1 with Princess.

I always wear a long dress and hubby a tux. I find cruises in Europe tend to be dressier, but you will still be fine in a cocktail dress and a suit.

Thank you! I have several cocktail dresses and several gowns along with dressy pants and tops -- not to figure out which to take! I guess I will have to try them on and see which fit the best.

Archived