Dawn SJ Suites

SuiteCruisin14

I have seen the Dawn SJ suites mentioned but I am asking about the "bump out" in some cabins like 12510. Just booked this cabin and would like to know if this allows more room in the cabin?

Really like the windows, not sure if we will miss the balcony.

Lynda

I have seen the Dawn SJ suites mentioned but I am asking about the "bump out" in some cabins like 12510. Just booked this cabin and would like to know if this allows more room in the cabin?

Really like the windows, not sure if we will miss the balcony.

Lynda

We've stayed in 12010, the starboard side equivelent to 12510. Even though the deck plans show a bump out, there is no bump out. It's the exact same shape & size as 12008 (which we've also stayed in). The windows are fantastic ! You won't miss the balcony once you see the unobstructed view.

We've stayed in 12010, the starboard side equivelent to 12510. Even though the deck plans show a bump out, there is no bump out. It's the exact same shape & size as 12008 (which we've also stayed in). The windows are fantastic ! You won't miss the balcony once you see the unobstructed view.

Thanks for the info. We are taking the SJ for this cruise to see if we will like it for a 12 day Baltic. Love the balcony but last cruise it was wind and rain and hardly got to go out.

Lynda

We also like the SJ's and did not miss the balcony. The bathrooms are terrific. The Dawn does have Family Suites with a balcony which is the best of both worlds - just costs more than the SJ.

Only 12030 and 12530 have the bump out with some of the windows looking forward. I don't recall if the sq footage is different from the other SJ's but I know these do not have a murphy bed.

we are booked into 12508 for our very first cruise and still debating about upgrading to the family suite with balcony.............guess i will just keep price watching and hope we can eventually do that, but if not i'm sure we will be fine as we wont know what we are missing without a balcony :)

we are booked into 12508 for our very first cruise and still debating about upgrading to the family suite with balcony.............guess i will just keep price watching and hope we can eventually do that, but if not i'm sure we will be fine as we wont know what we are missing without a balcony :)

If you like to spend time on the balcony for sun and fresh air, you might miss it. If you like to spend time on the balcony for the view, you'll get that view from anywhere in the suite, without having a railing & dirty glass obstructing your view.

Just back from SJ Suite 12516 on the Dawn. The floor to ceiling windows the entire length of the cabin were wonderful, although one window was slightly streaked with drips, etc. between the double-pane glass. I didn't really miss the balcony, but I haven't used the balcony a ton on other cruises either, mainly just when sailing into and out of ports.

My daughter had the suite with the bumpout on the Dawn's sister ship, The Star. The couch end had about 4 more feet than the straight rooms, and the table end about 4 feet less, thus not enough room for the murphy bed.

I loved the room, but would really miss the balcony, so would only book one of the few with the balcony for myself in the future; I enjoy and use the balcony often.

My daughter had the suite with the bumpout on the Dawn's sister ship' date=' The Star. The couch end had about 4 more feet than the straight rooms, and the table end about 4 feet less, thus not enough room for the murphy bed.

I loved the room, but would really miss the balcony, so would only book one of the few with the balcony for myself in the future; I enjoy and use the balcony often.[/quote']

I believe that I've read that the Dawn does not have the same number of SJ's as the Star (more balcony suites on the Star, or is it the other way around?) and it does not have a "bumped out" SJ. When they upgraded the Dawn, they changed the ratio of balcony/non-balcony suites that they had on the Star.

Archived