Star 2 for 1 happy hour.

romandog

Does anyone that is just off the Star know if there is a happy hour 2 drinks for the price of one, and if yes, what lounge, and what time. We will be on the Star April 7th.

Sorry, not super helpful since it is a little bit old informatoin, but on the Star back in April 2012 they did have 2 for 1 martini hour for sure. I think it was between 5 and 6? (sorry too many martinis) and it was in the Star (deck 13) bar up above the pool deck!

A lot better than 2 x 1 as it came with trivia and entertaining from the bartender.... I think it was either 12 or 17 bucks for 5 drinks and it was approximately over an hour thing :)

AJ

oooh, hope they still have martin 2 4 1 on the TA!!! :)

Just eat before going to the venue.... You want to be able to walk a straight line after 5 martinis.... ;)

Last year.... The bartender gave me an extra if the chocolate Martini.... Super nice and funny guy....

AJ

that's sounds like the martini testing sessions that they do. I heard they can be good value...

We just came off the Jewel and I think martini tasting is the best value on the ship. For $15 we got to try four martinis, and then you could win shots from the trivia contest. On the Jewel, they ran it four times (I only went once :)) but I thought it was a great time. They also had beer and wine tasting, but we didn't go. Still, if you're interested in drinking and being social and getting a cruise alcohol bargain, which is rare, I think you'd enjoy it.

Also, on the Jewel, they had a few days where drink of the day (one day it was margaritas) was only $4.95. Again, I think that's a great deal, comparable to a regular land-based bar or restaurant. Bargains to be had... just keep an open mind and watch the dailies.

Getting back to the OP's question; we were on the Star in Jan. and the 2 for 1 happy hours were as follows: Day 2 730-930pm Star Bar (house wines and well drinks only as I recall), Day 3 -2 martinis or manhattans for $15 9pm-close Star bar and 2 for 1 happy hour from 6-7pm, Day 4 happy hour 6-7 Star Bar and martini deal 9 pm - close, Day 5 happy hour 730-830 Star bar and martini deal 9-close,Day 6 happy hour 6-7 Star bar (although this got changed to 730-830 due to a private function) and martini deal at 9, Day 7 happy hour 6-7pm Star bar and ditto martini deal. Drink up! steve

Does anyone that is just off the Star know if there is a happy hour 2 drinks for the price of one, and if yes, what lounge, and what time. We will be on the Star April 7th.

Just pay attention to your Dailies. The two for ones will appear there whenever they are available. As I recall, it varied in location and time on the ship.

I frequented the entertainment in the Star Bar and would take advantage of it whenever it was offered there.

SNAP - we're on the same cruise as you :):)

Also looking forward to the 2 for 1's and happy hours - maybe see you at a tasting session :D:D

I think the 2 for 1 happy hour is being suspended until mid April due to "college weeks".

There weren't any on our Dawn 3/10-17 sailing.

I'm hoping they have them back for the Ta... wasn't any offers like this on epic's Ta.

I'm hoping they have them back for the Ta... wasn't any offers like this on epic's Ta.

We were on Epic westbound TAs twice. The first time Oct 2011, the 2 for 1 happy hour had not been implemented but there were no less then 6 Martini clinics.

The second time Oct 2012 the number of Matini Clinics was reduced to 3, but the 2 for 1 Happy Hour was on most days at the Maltings bar - very popular get-together place. They offered free chicken wings.

We were on Epic westbound TAs twice. The first time Oct 2011, the 2 for 1 happy hour had not been implemented but there were no less then 6 Martini clinics.

The second time Oct 2012 the number of Matini Clinics was reduced to 3, but the 2 for 1 Happy Hour was on most days at the Maltings bar - very popular get-together place. They offered free chicken wings.

ooh, that does sound nice... food and drink... mmmm! :) presumably the 2 4 1 will be on the freestyle daily?

Archived