The 'Cheers' Program has created

canalwen

a large number of sloppy drunks in the main dining rooms. We just came back from a cruise on the Victory. It was a spring break and I expected lots of college kids drinking and carrying on. What surprised me the most was the number of non college age people who had purchased the Cheers program and came into the dining room night after night all drunk and loud and basically just obnoxious. These were not students. One evening there were two couples, one of the ladies was obviously drunk and being so obnoxious, the table next to them asked to move. That same night, not far from the 4some, there was a couple I would say at least in their late 40s, the woman could not even walk without tripping over her own feet. They both were very loud, so loud that everyone in earshot knew that they were 'on their 10th drinks thanks to the Cheers program'. This was the first night of the cruise at about 6:00pm. Even the wait staff was a bit disgusted by the behaviour of these groups. Kind of sad, that you have to drink that much to have a good time. Wonder how the dining room staff feels now that they have to deal with all of that intoxication. I feel bad for them.

How do you know they were on the Cheers Program did they Have T-Shirts Made? Its a Vacation and its the Fun Ship and nobody is Driving ......:p:p:p:p:p

a large number of sloppy drunks in the main dining rooms. We just came back from a cruise on the Victory. It was a spring break and I expected lots of college kids drinking and carrying on. What surprised me the most was the number of non college age people who had purchased the Cheers program and came into the dining room night after night all drunk and loud and basically just obnoxious. These were not students. One evening there were two couples, one of the ladies was obviously drunk and being so obnoxious, the table next to them asked to move. That same night, not far from the 4some, there was a couple I would say at least in their late 40s, the woman could not even walk without tripping over her own feet. They both were very loud, so loud that everyone in earshot knew that they were 'on their 10th drinks thanks to the Cheers program'. This was the first night of the cruise at about 6:00pm. Even the wait staff was a bit disgusted by the behaviour of these groups. Kind of sad, that you have to drink that much to have a good time. Wonder how the dining room staff feels now that they have to deal with all of that intoxication. I feel bad for them.

Sounds like cruising just got a little more fun! Either join in and have fun, or sit back and watch the "sloppy drunks" make fools of themeselves and have a good laugh! Either way it sound like the Cheers program will add even more fun to our cruise. I cant wait until we sail May 11!

Are all-inclusive resorts truly all-inclusive? If so, for comparison, are many of the resort guests trashed trying to get their money's worth, too? Just curious.

DH and I did a Sandals resort and only saw two falling down drunks the entire time. We were there from Monday-Sunday so I was actually surprised. And yes, it was truly all inclusive. I'm sure they cut people off if warranted but otherwise there was no limit.

Wow. And we were thinking about doing the program for our next cruise. We aren't "drankers" but I think it might be nice to not have to worry about trying to do the math and keep a tab.

if you are having to do math to keep up with how many drinks you've had, sounds like you are a prime candidate for the Cheers program

The Cheers program has created....

one more thing for crabby people to complain about. And by crabby people I mean that nosey old woman across the street that stares at you through the blinds every time you take the trash out or check the mail.

The Cheers program has created....

one more thing for crabby people to complain about. And by crabby people I mean that nosey old woman across the street that stares at you through the blinds every time you take the trash out or check the mail.

Haha!

. And by crabby people I mean that nosey old woman across the street that stares at you through the blinds every time you take the trash out or check the mail.

Hey !!! She doesn't live across the street ------That is my wife you are talkng about !!!!;)

Please don't show her this post !!!!:o

Cheers program or not every ship has drunks. Since I live in COzumel I get to watch and laugh almost every day. My nephew works at "Frogs" and on busy port days his wife and I go to there for the "free entertainment". Believe me, it is not just the 20 or 30 year old tourists. Every day there is at least 1 or 2 falling down drunks who make fools of themselves. I have even seen middle aged women (with kids in tow) disgustingly drunk, trying to put moves on DJ,MC, Managers etc. The days of "what happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico" is gone. Believe me more than one of these scenes has been uploaded to youtube.

It is not a lot at all. If you had your first beer at noon and stayed up until midnight. That would be 1 beer every hour and a half. A 5 year old can drink that much and still be safe.

safe.....maybe But he would surely wet the bed and then you will owe the room steward big time.

And by crabby people I mean that nosey old woman across the street that stares at you through the blinds every time you take the trash out or check the mail.

I sometimes think ole Gladys Kravtiz peruses these boards...

Archived