Front Access MSC Poesia

Maverick430

Does anyone know if there is outside access to the front of the Poesia near the bridge/bow? If not what are the best areas for outside views that do not get very crowded? I appreciate any help!!

I am not sure about front access. I never thought to look.

There is great access aft, if that works for your needs. On decks 8 through 12, there are stairwells on the aft corner, essentially where a wrap balcony should be. :D On 12, or maybe 13... or maybe both, the entire back is a sundeck wide enough for one lounger. You can see these features on photos on the internet.

There are no chairs on the decks 8-11 (or 12) and it is a smoking area, but I used these stairs to get back and forth to the buffet and there was rarely anybody out there. Where there are lounges, there are people. As a side note, please be aware if you're on 13 that the folks in the back of the buffet can see you. We saw some views that you don't want to see ever, let alone while eating! :eek:

Also, the upper decks (14 and the overfly between the pools) never seemed to be very crowded. There is no shade or pools up there though, so may or may not be useful for you. Of course, anywhere with a pool is going to be packed when the ship is busy.

You can certainly go to the area where number 1 is, no idea about the others because we never tried! too busy sunning ourselves outside the Disco at the back of the ship above the buffet .... :)

Thank you!! Area 4,5,6 is what I was looking for. As far as the rear of the ship, that may work too. My wife and I like an area to be alone so we can look at the stars and just get away. I can image some the views you saw Mike lol.. I wonder if the front of decks 4,5,6 are locked?

To be more specific: can we just go to the areas 2-6 ?

atm729.jpg

Are these doors locked?

348hd8j.jpg

#1 is obstructed = no views.

The question is about 2 - 6.

Are you still here?

And before you ask, there's no wrap-round promanade!

There is a picture of location 1 (Deck 16) on cruisedeckplans. Also, two pictures taken on the deck above the bridge (Deck 13, Spa and fitness centre), see-through coloured glass, so I guess even without feeling the wind, it's still able to offer great views.

From the deckplan, locations 3 (Deck 14), 5 (10) and 6 (9) are more like porthole windows and not balcony. Not sure about locations 2 (15, the deck with two balcony cabins in the centre) and 4 (11).

Anyway, these are just my desktop analysis, don't rely on them. Hopefully someone with first hand experiences can verify them.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=MSC%20Poesia

Obstructed by Glass ! now my last recolection of Glass was that you could see through it .... :rolleyes: unless they have put One way glass up there since November.

"And before you ask, there's no wrap-round promanade! "

papcx ... does that mean i have to turn around again!

Was able to access '2' regularly on my recent Poesia cruise. Often went out there for docking so I could watch from a better perspective than my balcony.

When the ship is in motion they put a plastic plate that says 'too windy' in front of the door to block it.

There are two forward facing cabins on this deck that have a chain in front of what would I imagine be considered their balcony. So, you can not walk from one side of '2' to the other without going back into the ship, along the hall and back out the other door. I suppose you could go under the chain but I would never do that as it would be disrespectful to those in cabin.

We also enjoyed the sun decks on the aft of the ship, best one was on top level (15 ?), quiet and less wind than the rest of the ship. We always found open lounge chairs there.

We much preferred when on deck 13 aft they had tables and chairs so you could eat outside. Now it is more lounge chairs and yes, sometimes people do weird things and don't realize there are people just inside the windows eating.

Hope this answers your questions.

Obstructed by Glass ! now my last recolection of Glass was that you could see through it .... :rolleyes: unless they have put One way glass up there since November.

"And before you ask, there's no wrap-round promanade! "

papcx ... does that mean i have to turn around again!

Yes. Turn around and head back to the bar!

I can't believe I've been dragged back in! I must stop feeding the troll!

We're answering questions from someone who has stated they will NEVER cruise MSC because they don't pass their highly scientific "list"

Salute Papcx.

Do we have a new one? :D

No, it's the same troll, but just when we think he's so weak, he'll crawl back under his bridge (or in this case the HAL and Celebrity forums.) people (myself included) throw him a scarp to feed on.

If were strong, together we can fight this! Just think of the promised land, a land we can discuss and book MSC cruises without having to fill in lists! We can do this.

On a serious note, it is a shame there's no walk-round promanade :D

Does anyone know if there is outside access to the front of the Poesia near the bridge/bow? If not what are the best areas for outside views that do not get very crowded? I appreciate any help!!

Thank you!! Area 4,5,6 is what I was looking for. As far as the rear of the ship, that may work too. My wife and I like an area to be alone so we can look at the stars and just get away. I can image some the views you saw Mike lol.. I wonder if the front of decks 4,5,6 are locked?

As a serious answer to the original question I would suggest the very back of the ship deck 14, behind the disco. DW and myself were up there one night alone for a good half an hour, before someone came out of the disco for a cigarette. The stars were twinkling and the wake was mesmerizing. You can also get to the back on decks 12 and 13 but they're partially covered so imo not as good.

The la pigalle lounge on deck 7 is very nice, indoors obviously but very quiet, I was on my own for 90 minutes one sea day, DW was in the spa and everyone else was on deck. A barman and waitress all to my self! Had a couple too many Jonny Walkers! The reason I liked it so much is you can sit at windows at the back of the lounge overlooking the wake. Yes I have a thing for the wake - I just find it hypnotic.

The decks at the front are accessible, as others have said, but i would think would be very windy.

No, it's the same troll, but just when we think he's so weak, he'll crawl back under his bridge (or in this case the HAL and Celebrity forums.) people (myself included) throw him a scarp to feed on. If were strong, together we can fight this! Just think of the promised land, a land we can discuss and book MSC cruises without having to fill in lists! We can do this.

I understand what you mean.

I belive: it is someone who writes a book only with all information from the Internet and it´s mysterious list.

A new "Douglas Promenade". :p

I am not sure about front access. I never thought to look.

There is great access aft, if that works for your needs. On decks 8 through 12, there are stairwells on the aft corner, essentially where a wrap balcony should be. :D On 12, or maybe 13... or maybe both, the entire back is a sundeck wide enough for one lounger. You can see these features on photos on the internet.

There are no chairs on the decks 8-11 (or 12) and it is a smoking area, but I used these stairs to get back and forth to the buffet and there was rarely anybody out there. Where there are lounges, there are people. As a side note, please be aware if you're on 13 that the folks in the back of the buffet can see you. We saw some views that you don't want to see ever, let alone while eating! :eek:

Also, the upper decks (14 and the overfly between the pools) never seemed to be very crowded. There is no shade or pools up there though, so may or may not be useful for you. Of course, anywhere with a pool is going to be packed when the ship is busy.

monicajay, mikesteg,

Thank you.

2dr982g.jpg

As a serious answer to the original question I would suggest the very back of the ship deck 14, behind the disco. DW and myself were up there one night alone for a good half an hour, before someone came out of the disco for a cigarette. The stars were twinkling and the wake was mesmerizing. You can also get to the back on decks 12 and 13 but they're partially covered so imo not as good.

The la pigalle lounge on deck 7 is very nice, indoors obviously but very quiet, I was on my own for 90 minutes one sea day, DW was in the spa and everyone else was on deck. A barman and waitress all to my self! Had a couple too many Jonny Walkers! The reason I liked it so much is you can sit at windows at the back of the lounge overlooking the wake. Yes I have a thing for the wake - I just find it hypnotic.

The decks at the front are accessible, as others have said, but i would think would be very windy.

Thank you!!! We are on deck 12 near the rear so 12 ,13, and 14 will probably be the best for star gazing. Thank you all for the information!!

Cruisetrail,

Awesome pictures. It is older though as you can clearly see the tables and chairs aft on 13. On our first Poesia cruise we ate lunch out there often and sometimes went there for early morning coffee or cocktail our beers. Now they have been replaced with lounge chairs. Not as conducive for eating but we did spend some time there anyway.;)

@all Notice the lounge chairs aft on deck 12 stacked up. This means if you get an inside cabin at the far aft of deck 12 you can pay the inside price and have a very quiet balcony just outside your door.

@all Notice the lounge chairs aft on deck 12 stacked up. This means if you get an inside cabin at the far aft of deck 12 you can pay the inside price and have a very quiet balcony just outside your door.

First MSC cruise is still to come, but this suggestion is so tempting, and am looking at Poesia's summer cruises now. Are other Musica class ships also having the same feature?

Archived