Celebrity Summit's 01-19-13 CDC Vessel Sanitation Report A Dismal 81 Failure!

Kitycaty

Has anyone noticed that Century scored only 78 in a recent inspection?

Yes, we sure did notice, (CC published the recent reports on both the Summit's and the Century's failures).

We simply don't understand this, as we're cruised extensively on both the Connie and the Summit, and both ships' conditions, crew and cleanliness have always been impeccable, in large part due to the marvelous care, and "above and beyond the call of duty" performance (then), of Michael Klothos, their great Assistant Chief Housekeeper, who's served on both ships, and who we really hope will be aboard this cruise! We were totally floored, when we checked out the current CDC reports, (as we always do before a cruise).

We have some ideas as to why this is occurring, don't want to go into this on a public board, but suffice it to say, with the economy the way it is, and employer and employee loyalty so low, you can, perhaps, figure it out for yourselves...:rolleyes:

No need to be bashful, the low scores are most likely due to reduced staffing...cost savings. That's happening in all areas on the ships....try to find a sommellier in the dining room to get a glass of wine (or have your glass refilled from the bottle you bought), try to find your waiter. Until someone complains loudly enough or publicly enough, the cuts will continue.....including food quality and menu choices.

I'm a little late to the party here. I'm booked on the Summit leaving May 5th. I just found out about this inspection and I'm disgusted and concerned about going. I looked back through past reports and other ships I've sailed - they were all better than the Summit and I think Celeb should be ashamed of this. On our first Celeb cruise on the Millennium, all we heard about from staff was how they aimed for excellence. I guess that's a thing of the past now. I guarantee it's due to the economic conditions, yet the cruise prices are higher than ever. Given this, I sure hope that this is a good time to sail since they should be working hard to remediate these problems. Thanks to the poster who gave the CEO's email. I also sent one.

I'm a little late to the party here. I'm booked on the Summit leaving May 5th. I just found out about this inspection and I'm disgusted and concerned about going. I looked back through past reports and other ships I've sailed - they were all better than the Summit and I think Celeb should be ashamed of this. On our first Celeb cruise on the Millennium, all we heard about from staff was how they aimed for excellence. I guess that's a thing of the past now. I guarantee it's due to the economic conditions, yet the cruise prices are higher than ever. Given this, I sure hope that this is a good time to sail since they should be working hard to remediate these problems. Thanks to the poster who gave the CEO's email. I also sent one.

You know folks, like the airlines are nickel and diming us to death, it's now starting with the cruise lines. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's a sad time when you can't even purchase a half gallon of ice cream, as in the past, without paying more, and getting so much less. Sadly, I'm afraid this is our, and our children's future... :(

Archived