Celebrity Summit's 01-19-13 CDC Vessel Sanitation Report A Dismal 81 Failure!

Kitycaty

"Horrified" "Disgraceful" a bit dramatic don't you think?
\

I don't think so. There have only been two mainstream cruise ships that have scored less than 85 since 2007.

Oh, and I think we should add "repulsive".

But then again, both of these low scores were early this year, so maybe it is just our wonderful guys on DC trying to recoup some funding :confused:

Are the cruiselines fined for these infractions?

Just read this on CC. We are supposed to go on the Summit in Nov.

Not good news at all.:o

No matter what the reasons were, heads will roll.:eek:

There is a lot of pride at stake for the entire crew.:(

Not good news at all.:o

No matter what the reasons were, heads will roll.:eek:

There is a lot of pride at stake for the entire crew.:(

Heads will not roll for the low score....but they may roll now that it's become a topic on Cruise Critic. This is a very powerful way to get a message across...,because bad publicity here costs Celebrity real $'s.

"Horrified" "Disgraceful" a bit dramatic don't you think?

No, I don't think! I can't take antibiotics and have a few other health issues, so I'm quite concerned about this.

Doesn't E-coli in a ship's water supply bother you? It certainly gave me a head's up, as did many of the other infractions, particularly the CDC disclaimer before the "corrections" posted by Celebrity Cruises, indicating that:

"VSP requires all ships to submit corrective action statements for deficiencies. This vessel submitted the following corrective action statement; however, VSP does not verify that the deficiencies have been corrected until after conducting the next vessel inspection or re-inspection.

I also find it very interesting that the Correction Report link posted by fishin' musician no longer works! :rolleyes:

Kity

This report is somewhat disturbing as we are sailing in early June. Never had any problems like this before when we were on several RCCL ships, and Azamara Journey and Quest, as well as Celebrity Zenith and Galaxy. Just hope that Celebrity Summit will get their act together (if it hasn't already) before then. I have faith they will!

There is another thread about this.... A lot of these issues are related. Many are related to crew members returning to work despite being ill. Yikes. Well, I guess this means we'll have nothing to worry about when we sail, right? :o

I've sailed two 100 score ships right after they scored and they were absolutely gleaming. MSC Lirica was spotless, just spotless.

We were horrified to read the CDC's latest inspection report on the Celebrity Summit, as we are taking a B2B Bermuda cruise in early May. The Summit did not pass inspection, with many violations, (see link below).

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryT...etrD%2fe0kI%3d

(In the first "cruse ship" listings drop-down box, click on Celebrity Summit to read the report).

As you can see, there were deliberate unreported crew Norovirus incidents aboard the ship, and many sanitation problems, which you will note when you read the report.

Any CDC score of 85 or lower is considered unsatisfactory, and The Summit only scored a dismal 81.

This is disgraceful, unacceptable, and we are very concerned... :(

The issues will be corrected promptly.

No worries.

Good Grief!

DH and I are sailing at the top of June--two months away. Hearing of this failed inspection is not inspiring: a score of 81 out of 100. We are Diamond Plus on RCI, but this is DH's first cruise with Celebrity. I don't think I will be mentioning this unfortunate situation to him.

Hopefully the Purser will be replaced. (Or whatever they call the head position nowadays)

L

We're sailing in July. I have to believe they'll be taking every single corrective measure, no? Read the report. One of the bad marks was for the water being too hot. One was for having a bottle of water open in a vegetable cooler. Hmm.

I would suggest going to CDC and reading the 'green' sheets. WE were going on Infinity once and their rating came back in the 80's. I read the green sheets and saw what was pulling the rating down and did not hesitate to sail on her.

Still not the best. And still have a GREAT cruise! :)

The issues will be corrected promptly.

No worries.

I think they had been corrected immediatelly.

We sailed on the Summit on January 19,2013-the day of the inspection which we-of course-did not know. The ship was clean,absolutelly nothing showing neglect;and we were being almost excesively "sprayed" with the Purell everywhere.We laughed about it but obliged knowing that -hopefully-it help us avoid getting sick.

I would return to the Summit in a heart beat:D.

I am surprised that there are several comments here which are basically saying ,it's no big deal. I strongly disagree.

In an enclosed crowded environment, it doesn't take much for germs and bacteria to multiply exponentially with illness following as a result.

People can and have gotten very sick from a lack of proper health and cleanliness standards.

That is a horrible score and timing could not be worse... note to self' date=' DO NOT ADVISE DW! :eek:[/quote']It is absolutely a horrible score and I am glad that we had no idea of this disgraceful failure when we cruised Summit 3 weeks ago.

I finally understand the expression ,ignorance is bliss.:eek: In fairness, in general, all seemed clean.

I noted a lot of typos in the "Corrective Action" statements. Likely a language issue' date=' but to me it is further indication of haphazard procedural implementation.[/quote']Perhaps a language issue but it does give one pause. You would think higher ups with

a better command of written English would have reviewed the Corrective Actions.

We sailed on the Summit on January 19,2013-the day of the inspection which we-of course-did not know. The ship was clean,absolutelly nothing showing neglect;and we were being almost excesively "sprayed" with the Purell everywhere.We laughed about it but obliged knowing that -hopefully-it help us avoid getting sick.

Glad to hear this, Cruising Canadian, and hope they've really corrected these issues as the Corrective Report states...

Thanx for posting this,

Kity :)

Just read this on CC. We are supposed to go on the Summit in Nov.

Can you post a link to the piece you read on Cruise Critic, TravelGal22? I would like to read it.

Never mind, I located it myself. Thanx anyway!

Tanks,

Kity :)

The fact that public areas are shiney and spotless means very little.

The fact that public areas are shiney and spotless means very little.

Yeah well when the sneeze guards and other lido surfaces are covered with fingerprints and the hinges of everything are greasy and covered with food- gross. When the elevators are filthy- can everything else really be that clean? When the hallways are filled with room service trays how clean is everything else? When a crew member dejectedly stabs at a sticky deck surface with a mop and walks away, how good do you feel about things behind the scenes?

Archived