3/23 sailing - Liberty - weather this week is awful

cathydev

My daughter is on the carnival liberty right now out of miami and weather has been a big bummer so far. Rainy and overcast in Cozumel yesterday. Today they dock in Belize and she sent me a text saying more of the same - rainy and overcast. Tomorrow they will be in Roatan and forecast is 80% chance of rain. The bad weather is moving with them from port to port.

I know you can't predict the weather but they are going in the same direction as the rain... :(

http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com/ships/view-ship/id/22

Thats a shame. I am going on a similar itinerary in a few weeks and hope our weather is good. But on the bright side- here we have yucky snow on the ground and its cold (but although it SNOWED on Sunday, it should be in the 60s this weekend- go figure). So the weather where she is at is still better than it is in Missouri.

It happens. A few years ago on Liberty had to leave HMC early due to approaching storm and missed GT.

This! That's unfortunate for her but like Stu said, "It happens." Because my family prefers cruising in August I can't tell you how many TS and hurricane issues we've run into. Either trying to outrun one, sailing behind one, or skipping or completely changing itinerary. Luckily, we're all just happy to be on a cruise in the first place and get over it quickly and commence to making the best out of the situation. Good thing about Carnival is that there should be plenty to do on board to keep the guests entertained. If not, then you get creative! LOL ;)

Looks like the Liberty made it to Grand Cayman. Still no change in weather.

I would be really upset with a week vacation full of ugly weather. Can't even enjoy any outdoor activities on the ship if theres rain.

I can't remember if the Liberty has a retractable roof in the aft?

Sorry to hear that. I know that would make it hard to enjoy the vacation. When we did land vactions with our kids we used to try to find a hotel with an indoor pool incase it rained or was cool and they didn't want to be outside. Not much you can do about the weather. We had a snorkeling excursion on St. John's where it was raining pretty hard. My husband and I didn't mind because we were going to be wet anyway (it wasn't a thunderstorm, just rain) and the water was still clear enough for us to see quite a bit, but those who had planned to sit on the beach made a stink about wanting to go back into town and so they ended up cutting our excursion short. It really isn't all that much fun wandering around in the rain, but it beats being at work.

This! That's unfortunate for her but like Stu said, "It happens." Because my family prefers cruising in August I can't tell you how many TS and hurricane issues we've run into. Either trying to outrun one, sailing behind one, or skipping or completely changing itinerary. Luckily, we're all just happy to be on a cruise in the first place and get over it quickly and commence to making the best out of the situation. Good thing about Carnival is that there should be plenty to do on board to keep the guests entertained. If not, then you get creative! LOL ;)

We cruise every year for hurricane season for great rates and generally lucky with sometimes a change in ports or two.

In the long run figure we come out ahead.icon7.gif

Archived