How much is drink of the day?

spideygirl

We are from the UK on one of the Baltic cruises. Really looking forward to trying everything Carnival only done P&O and Disney in the past. :)

Where abouts in the UK? We are from Worcester, lived most of my life in Blackpool before meeting my husband, we now live in Michigan. You will find nearly everything is on the cheaper side of what you are used to paying.

We were on the last Breeze cruise, and they no longer use those souvenir plastic cups; they use another plastic cup that you can't keep.

Are the DODs less expensive now that there is no souvenir glass to keep?

Where abouts in the UK? We are from Worcester, lived most of my life in Blackpool before meeting my husband, we now live in Michigan. You will find nearly everything is on the cheaper side of what you are used to paying.

We are from Chippenham Wiltshire. TBH I think the drinks are cheaper on P&O, as there is no gratuity added and they are pub prices. But the cruise is about half the price of P&O so that more than makes up for it :D

Are the DODs less expensive now that there is no souvenir glass to keep?

From the cruise we took back in December 2010, the prices today seem about the same. If I remember correctly, the DOD on our Breeze cruise last week was $7.75 and most of the drinks I preferred to buy cost $8.75 each, plus the 15% gratuity. As for discounts, I did see certain drinks offered as DODs, with $1 off.

Thanks for the info! I will miss that hurricane cup with the cute sayings on the first day!

You're welcome. I have two clear cups with sayings, one yellow and one pink. I almost took those with me for the last cruise, until I read on here that they no longer use them. I'm sure Carnival is cutting costs by not offering those cups anymore, and we can no longer get a discounted drink by using it. :(

How do you get the monkey head/fish cups like some have posted? I never saw them on the Glory :confused: I don't drink much , but I'd like to get a drink or two and a collectible cup lol.

You can also ask your bartender when certain souvenir glasses/cups will be for sale. On our cruise last year, on the Liberty, I wanted to buy two of the "Whale Tail" cups. Apparently, some of the souvenir cups, such as the Monkey Head, Whale Tail, etc. are not offered for sale on every cruise. Even though the Whale Tail cups were not going to be offered for sale on our last cruise, the young lady tending bar at the Blue Iguana was kind enough to go and get two out of storage to sell to me. Not only a nice souvenir, they also make good coin banks.;):)

The most we ever spent was $14 for a DOD. I couldn't believe my DH bought them. The drinks came in coconuts with cute faces. We still have them because I can't stand to throw away $30 worth of drink cups:eek:

The most we paid for a drink, was a 'Fishbowl'-filled glass for $20, at the 'Red Frog Pub', that my BF and I shared. I miss that place. :)

Archived