Rooms for 5 - Open up?

Texaslady22

'We've been booked ES since last September in a deluxe oceanview for 5 on the Magic, sailing this May. We haven't received any OBC, though, because the rooms for 5 are sold out!!

Do rooms open back up? Should we keep looking? Or is it pointless?

How many rooms for 5 does the Magic have?

I wasn't even aware that the Carnival Magic had cabins that accomodated 5 people.

Good luck though.

Edit: Did mock booking and Magic does have cabins for 5 people. Learn something new everyday.

Rooms do open back up quite often. Whether one of the 5's opens is a matter of luck. Since your cruise is in May, if they're going to open they should do so real soon. Usually it happens right around the time of final payment that people decide to cancel. For example, on our cruise, also in May, I'd been watching the prices since we booked. For a while I could not compare prices because the balconies had sold out. But then a few opened again. They've closed and opened three times now. (different cabins available each time)

Keep watching and Good Luck

You just never know what might happen. Let me share my experience from my cruise on the Dream last September.

I booked my family of 5 into a Deluxe OV. A couple of months later, my parents decided to join us on this cruise. They had never been on Carnival before, so they didn't qualify for the past guest rate. So I called Carnival and asked them to move my daughter (a past guest) out of our cabin and book her with my parents in a triple so that my parents could get the better rate ($50 ES change fee was waived since I booked two additional passengers).

That left us with four passengers in the Deluxe OV. Well about two weeks before the cruise was going to leave, somebody cancelled two 6S cabins (enormous Spa OV cabins). Since I now only needed a quad, I was able to move our family into one of those cabins at almost no additional cost to us. So at two weeks before sail date, our Deluxe OV opened up. They priced it at our original rate, which was significantly less than some other people in my roll call had paid for the same room. So those people were all able to immediately put in for an ES adjustment to the rate being offered on the cabin that I just gave up.

Admittedly, the chances of a Deluxe OV opening up are slim, but you just never know what might happen...

AWe booked a deluxe OV for our family of 5 last July for our Breeze cruise this June. That category had been sold out for about two months until the recent sale they are having. Now about 5 of them have opened up.

With the sale, we were able to move into 2 deluxe OVs next to each other for only 15 bucks, so we gave up the one room for two. Then about 4 days later, the cove balcony prices dropped, so we were able to move from the two deluxe OVs to two cove balconies for 80 bucks total.

I suspect several people on our sailing did the same thing which is why so many opened up.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Keep checking. For my cruise in 3 weeks (booked two ocean suite cabins) I have not gotten any OBC since all suites have been booked for many weeks. Well Monday one suite cabin became available. I immediately filled out two of the forms and emailed to Carnival. Next day which was yesterday the one suite cabin already has their OBC. I received emails from Carnival stating they had received my forms. Due to the volume they are receiving it could take up to one week to respond. Then yesterday early afternoon the other cabin got an email showing paid in full with OBC added. I was so happy! However, still have not heard anything regarding any OBC for my cabin.:rolleyes: So I am patiently waiting...

We were in the same situation. I read that there were only twenty OVs for five on Magic, but I don't know if that info was correct. They were sold out many months before our cruise. I kept checking fareviewer occasionally. An OV for five did open up after final payment, but it was priced slightly higher than we paid and then disappeared again, so no obc. But just figured that we paid a good price.

Archived