Food on the Pearl

mickanddoe

Hi just wanted to know if they change their memu's on the Pearl.. we did Panama Canal 2 years ago on the Pearl and the food was terrible.. just got off the Sun and the food was excellent..the hostess said all the cruise ships have change their way of cooking and the food should be the same on each cruise ship...

Don't know the answer to your question, but I think the Pearl's food in October was the worst I've had on any of my cruises. I don't think it was terrible, but in comparison it was not good. Nor was the service in the MDR. The rest of the ship/service was amazing.

We were on the Pearl two weeks ago. I thought the buffet was better than ever with many good choices. The MDR was good without being outstanding. The Italian specialty restaurant was super good. And Le Bistro was its usual excellent self. The snacks we had from the Great Outdoors...and the breakfasts there were excellent. The Blue Lagoon stuff was very good, especially the ice cream chocolate covered brownie served during the afternoon. I wish the cruise had been twice as long so I could have eaten twice as much. My opinion.

Have been on the Pearl twice, once in June 2011 to Alaska and again in Feb 2013. Both times the food was excellent in the MDRs and in all the specialties. Also did the Chef's Table on the last cruise and it was the best food I have ever had on land or sea. The Executive Chef was Messiah Ritzinger, he is the best!!

Archived