Suites Experts

Brendaflamingo

Hello Suite people

Im going on the Century and I have booked a Sky Suite. What kind of things do you ask you butler to do? Also if I have prepaid my gratuities does that enclude the butler or do I tip that person separate?

I am so excited to experience the suite life. I want to take full advantage of this. I know Im going to have that person get drinks, formals pressed and massge appointments. I just want to make sure Im not missing out on anything.

Brenda

:D

For sure have him serve you breakfast on the veranda. It is fun. I didn't ask him to do much out of what he usually does. But I did ask him to leave me stuff from the tea cart if I wasn't there and he switched out the hordeourves (?) for a fruit plate in the early evening.

Are you sure the pre-paid grats include the butler? On other lines I've sailed, grats have expressly excluded butlers and concierge on grounds that not every passenger receives the benefits of these services.

Yes, we have been in the penthouse several times. The pre-paid grats do include the butler on Celebrity

Are you sure the pre-paid grats include the butler? On other lines I've sailed, grats have expressly excluded butlers and concierge on grounds that not every passenger receives the benefits of these services.

Pre-paid yes. But Please! Tip them extra at the end of the cruise!! They deserve it! :)

Just finished a sailing on the Summit in a Sky Suite - we too had the questions "what does the butler do!?".

Elmerio was phenominal... we didn't ask for much, but did have him make dinner reservations, and asked him to let the Maitre'd at Blu know we would be dining there. We also called on the first afternoon and requested cappuccino and tea. Every afternoon that followed he'd deliver without us asking, and once he knew our schedule he'd show up with a few extras or recommendations. Definitely request breakfast on the veranda - it's a nice treat, and your butler will make sure you have everything you want.

Essentially, your butler is the 'in-between person'... have him do the running, and while his gratuities are included in your prepaid gratuities, make sure if he performs you give him something extra at the end.

Archived