Shipping salmon home

shofer

Back in 2003, we did a 7 day AK cruise and in one of the ports, either Juneau or Ketchikan (I think), we found a store that would ship packaged salmon or frozen crab legs to your home.

Can't remember the name but want to do this again and send some to my kids. They are too old for t-shirts! We did send some to our daughter at that time and she said it was great.

Anybody know the name of this company and where it is? I can't be sure I would be able to just stumble across it as we have planned activity in each port.

Sue

Be sure to get totally Alaskan wild salmon. The Taku refinery looks like a good bet. I tried to post some cautions about salmon but cc deleted it. I guess they think it is off the topic of cruises, but I am like you and enjoy bringing some back home but want to be sure it is wild Alaska salmon, both caught AND processed in Alaska. Much of the stuff we buy in the mainland is processed overseas. Be sure to google the topic to be educated.

Back in 2003, we did a 7 day AK cruise and in one of the ports, either Juneau or Ketchikan (I think), we found a store that would ship packaged salmon or frozen crab legs to your home.

Can't remember the name but want to do this again and send some to my kids. They are too old for t-shirts! We did send some to our daughter at that time and she said it was great.

Anybody know the name of this company and where it is? I can't be sure I would be able to just stumble across it as we have planned activity in each port.

Sue

Was it Salmon Etc in Ketchikan? We didn't have any packaged salmon shipped but we did buy several of their products.

Was it Salmon Etc in Ketchikan? We didn't have any packaged salmon shipped but we did buy several of their products.

We have bought at from Salmon Etc. every time we have been to AK. They are good folks and their stuff is good. We always buy tinned salmon so I can not comment about their filets.

A suggestion with regard to anything that you are having shipped. If you go into the store and pay for it, they have to charge you local sales tax. If you go into the store, decide what you want, and then stand outside the store and phone in your order, you do not have to pay local sales tax. I know that it works with salmon as we do it all the time. It might also work for other purchases. You do not have to feel sorry for the store owners when you do this as they store owner does not make money from the taxes.

DON

Thanks for the info. I still don't remember which store it was but will be sure to check out both of them. I know what we shipped home was frozen and very good quality. Will do this again for sure.

Sue

Archived