BAGS PROGRAM NCL - LAX TO NEWARK via UNITED

UandMe4Ever

Hi cruises,

Does anyone know for a fact if NCL does or does not have the BAGS program in place from LAX TO NEWARK on United Airlines?:confused:

I called NCL and have gotten two conflicting answers. One said they do and another rep. said they do not.

We are leaving 4/21 from NYC and coming back into Newark, NJ on 5/8 via United. We have taken the NCL transfers because there is a lot of traffic on a work day and was told it would be a lot chaper than a taxi (which we normally do if necessary).

Any accurate information or direction is very much appreciated in advance.

Thank you kindly.:)

We are flying out of LAX and were told that the BAGS program is not available at all at that airport. A big disappointment since we've used it before at other airport and really liked the service.

We are flying out of LAX and were told that the BAGS program is not available at all at that airport. A big disappointment since we've used it before at other airport and really liked the service.

That's not right;) We got spoiled as well, not having to drag luggage, except a rolling pilot case and carry on!

Appreciate your response...Thanks and safe travels....

Is there a list of airports somewhere? I found the NCL page, but it just says to ask on the ship. I would love this for LGA to DFW. I would be very happy to not have to worry about my bags until I get home.

it's not the airport - it's the port and airline. And the NY port does not support the BAGS program.

Airlines are listed here:

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bags

But it depends on if the port supports it (like Miami does, we just used it). But NY does not.

Isn't Newark Liberty Airport a New Jersey airport, not New York?

We used them last year from FL into Newark, via JetBlue - on Princess. Before that, it was from Miami to Newark on NCL...

I read the airline you provided. United is among them, which is what we are flying back from LAX on. Thanks anyway.

We used them last year from FL into Newark, via JetBlue - on Princess. Before that, it was from Miami to Newark on NCL...

I read the airline you provided. United is among them, which is what we are flying back from LAX on. Thanks anyway.

Actually, JFK, LGA and EWR (as well as Teterboro and Stewart airports) are all owned and operated by the Port Authority of NY and NJ, an independent bi-state government agency under the joint control of the governors of New York and New Jersey.

regardless, it's the PORT you leave from that determines if it's used. So the NY Port (regardless of what airline you use) is the first determining factor before airlines. And the NY port does not offer BAGS.

Actually, JFK, LGA and EWR (as well as Teterboro and Stewart airports) are all owned and operated by the Port Authority of NY and NJ, an independent bi-state government agency under the joint control of the governors of New York and New Jersey.

Yes, we understand...It still stinks:rolleyes: We're leaving "from" LAX flying into Newark, NJ....

Oh well, I guess I'll take 1 pair of shoes less:eek:

Thanks all for the info:)

Archived