US Customs in Vancouver

Well from an other thread you have your GE card....now up to now there has not been a separate line at Canada Place for GE card holders .... but who knows in the future. Me thinks that with most cruise terminals in North America they are seasonal in nature and not worth wiring in GE kiosks.

Anyone recently off a ship in Vancouver and had unusual delays at US Customs? Just wondering if the "sequester" issues are having any impact on travelers.

Sue

Getting off a ship in Vancouver would involve clearing Canadian Immigration and Customs; plus the 1st ship isn't due into Vancouver until the middle of April.

Were you talking about US pre-clearance at the airport?

Getting off a ship in Vancouver would involve clearing Canadian Immigration and Customs; plus the 1st ship isn't due into Vancouver until the middle of April.

Were you talking about US pre-clearance at the airport?

Yes, I was talking about US Customs. I do have my GE card and am anticipating that this will be easier for us to make our flight.

Sue

Yes, I was talking about US Customs. I do have my GE card and am anticipating that this will be easier for us to make our flight.

Sue

Yes, a GE card will help. I've never come across a long line at YVR pre-clearance for the Nexus/GE line.

Yes, a GE card will help. I've never come across a long line at YVR pre-clearance for the Nexus/GE line.

We don't have the Nexus add-on, just the GE card so we will still have to clear Canadian customs first. But at least the US Customs should be timely.

Just hate to schlep the luggage through 2 lines and still have to check in for the flight.

Sue

We don't have the Nexus add-on, just the GE card so we will still have to clear Canadian customs first. But at least the US Customs should be timely.

Just hate to schlep the luggage through 2 lines and still have to check in for the flight.

I really would emphasize "should" here. You never can tell with US C&I.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads-up. I did this in 2003 and didn't remember the conveyor belt. I do remember our friends' luggage got pulled out for "special consideration" by TSA.

We're just on a much shorter time table here and will be moving at a quick clip to check in for our flight to Seattle. We have more time for our Seattle flight to ORD.

Sue

Archived