Where do your Toddlers sleep?

Prinycesa07

I have the regalo toddler beds as well and they work great in hotels. I haven't used them on a cruise, but hotels and Grandma's house have been really easy.

Awesome! The only thing holding me back from buying is the comfort thing. Your kids are comfortable sleeping on these all night long? You think they would be comfortable using them for a week?

We use this for travel, our almost 6 year old still sleeps on it. Its very comfy and doesn't lose air like some do, and the sides are slightly raised to avoid roll-offs. It blows up in seconds, and comes with a nice travel bag, I highly recommend it. I think it would probably be a good option for your 3 year old, my son used it when he was about 2.5+. Our 3 year old nephew recently came to stay with us for a week and slept on this, I only had to re-add some air one time the whole week. This would probably easily fit at the foot of your bed, or in front of the desk/vanity area. Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/AeroBed-Sleep-Tight-Inflatable-Kids/dp/B00006IV33

The inflatable bed rail looks pretty neat, but another option would be to either use a pool noodle or just a rolled up blanket, and install it the same way (under the sheet). I saw the idea for using the pool noodle, but instead tried it with a rolled up blanket. It is what my 2yo uses every night in her bed here at home. If you are concerned about the blanket unrolling, just bring some large rubber bands or string along to secure it.

I also have the Regala bed and my DD used it for 5 nights on a recent trip with no problems. I like putting a blanket down for extra padding.

Awesome! The only thing holding me back from buying is the comfort thing. Your kids are comfortable sleeping on these all night long? You think they would be comfortable using them for a week?

My kids have done a week on them with no complaints. :) I fold a blanket under the sheet to soften it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On our last cruise our DDs were almost 3 and 1.5. We used a crib for the 1.5 year old and our room steward put the upper bunk mattress on the floor at the foot of our bed for the almost 3 year old. It worked great even though there wasn't much room to move around.

we used the regalo cots for 2 weeks on panama cruise.

The cabin steward was awesome. He made them daily:) , stacked their stuffed friends in different positions each day on the cots. Folded their blankets up nicely on them....

we did however get an extra blanket & folded it on top of the cot & then placed the sheet over. It made for more plush sleeping as there is a bar that can be felt by some kids. Seems to be larger toddlers vs lightweight 1 yr olds , etc

our kids were nearly 4- they slep great.

We have also done the pull mattress off the bed and when we have cruised from a port we drive to- we have brought a fold up futon- cushion bed

resize?sq=75&uid=4789454191

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MV2QZW/ref=asc_df_B002MV2QZW2542715?smid=A28Z4FDJQZWA6J&tag=shopzilla_mp_1401-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B002MV2QZW

For those who have used the cots, did you drive or fly to the port? If you flew, how did you transport the cot? We're staying in a interior room on NCL Pearl (no couch) with dd who will just have turned three at sailing. When she was 22 mo she slept in the pack n play but I'm not sure that will work at 3.

We drove to the port but DH put the cot in his suitcase, it's not that big when folded up. Just measured for you- it's 24 inches. If not then you could carry it on I would think?? It comes in a carrying bag thing.

We planned on DD (2) sleeping on the sofa bed as she will not fit in a pack n play (also, she's in a toddler bed at home). After 1 night we changed course. The sofa bed took up so much space and she wasn't interested so the cabin attendant made up a comfy little "bed" on the floor using the comforter & sheets from the sofa bed. It worked out perfectly. One afternoon she fell asleep on the sofa at nap time so we put pillows & that comforter on the floor next to the sofa just in case she were to roll off (she didn't).

Some airlines will let you check a pack n play for free, so my sister-in-law suggested I ask if they would check this bed for free too. I was planning to take it as a carryon if they didn't take it. They took it, but I think the guy behind the counter just felt sorry for me because I was traveling by myself with a toddler (this was a different trip, not for our cruise). :D

It is small and very lightweight, so I'm planning to just pack it in a suitcase for our upcoming cruise.

We always seem to be pushing the limit on baggage, but if I could carry it on or get them to check it for free, that would be a different story. I did see one of these at Walmart a while back, but didn't think about picking it up to see how big it was.

I don't know if this will help, but for my recent trip (where I was flying solo with my 2 yo), I didn't check it on the way there and just carried it with me. I have a maclaran stroller and just slipped it down behind my dd, so that the bottom was on the bottom of the basket and it was sitting behind my daughter's back. It really isn't that big. But, when you are carrying a backpack with toys, a computer bag, purse, coats, etc. it does add to the pile, lol. Just look a little stressed and overwhelmed when you ask them to check it for you. ;)

We'll be packing tonight for our upcoming cruise on Explorer next week. I'll take a pic of the bed inside a suitcase for comparison. It's definitely not that big, and can easily be carried when all packed up.

So we put ours in the middle of the suitcase and packed clothes around it. Should keep it protected enough with the porters throwing bags around ( not flying ). It takes up a bit of space, but is easier than carrying it around.

uploadfromtaptalk1370728818547.jpg.3f57998a293d8d7261c88d7c883df4f1.jpg

JBert,

Thanks for the picture. We are flying and that may take up more room than we have. We're staying for a week before in FL too and are going to try to only take two large bags for the three of us. If we didn't have the 50# limit our bags hold a lot more. DH just wants her to sleep in our bed. I don't think he knows what he's in for. :)

I wouldn't trust our dd in an upper bunk. She still sleeps in a crib at this point and moves from one end to the other.

Ironically, I was selling clothes at a consignment shop yesterday and they had a Regalo cot for $10. It looked like it had hardly been used. So, now I have one. That's the first step to getting it on the ship. Now I work on dh. :) DD tried laying down on it and thought it was fun. They sleep on similar cots at daycare.

Archived