Have you been to Ocho Rios before?

clinthi

From my understanding there are restaurants / shopping / pottery stuff/ Margaritaville/ etc. all at the port. (walking distance from ship)

If we just wanted to stay around at the port, would there be plenty to see/do for a couple of hours?

Other than aggressive sales folks, any other info you can share?

Thanks!

Yes, I think it's called island Village and it's a shopping complex right a the port. the M'Ville is fun and it's a nice place to hang out for a few hours. They try to keep some of the riff-raff out that you would get walking to the market or the shopping in town. If you don't want to do an excursion and just want a few hours to hang out, it's good. you'll see it from the ship. There's a small beach area there too.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Ocho in December- there were 4 shops open in Island Village plus Margaritaville. I was told by the lovely girl in the shop where I bought coffee, that all the vendors moved to the new port in Falmouth. Sad, it's a very different place than it used to be. I won't bother if there is a next time!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
I really do not care for Ocho Rios.

I say this with all sincerity.

I do find the locals way over the top.

Keith

My Fiancee agrees with you :)

They were a little... forceful. Especially at Dunns River Falls. It was uncomfortable to say the least

My husband and I went a few years ago and we would never go back. Just a few feet from the ship he was offered a women and weed and a taxi back to the ship. It was NOT a good experience ..... I would not suggest to anyone to make a trip there. I believe it is because of experiences like this that RCCL is going to a different port.

My husband and I went a few years ago and we would never go back. Just a few feet from the ship he was offered a women and weed and a taxi back to the ship. It was NOT a good experience ..... I would not suggest to anyone to make a trip there. I believe it is because of experiences like this that RCCL is going to a different port.

Sad but true. It's a pity, Jamaica really is beautiful.

Archived