Last Day Photo Prices

Chicky331

Hello,

I was just reviewing the Dailys that someone was so kind to post and I noticed that on Disembarkation Day that there is a photo sale advertised. Does anyone know how much less the photos are on that day? I would prefer not to wait until the last day, but if you save a lot it may be worth it. Thanks in advance!

I saved at least $200 on a big stack of pictures by stopping by the photo desk and bargaining with the photographer at around 10am the morning we disembarked. They had already started boxing up alot of pictures to be shredded/disposed of and I reasoned with the photog that he'd be $100 ahead if he sold the pix to me rather than turned them into confetti. I paid him in cash....hmmmm he never did enter my purchase in his computer or even count up all the pictures...

i think it has to do with who you're dealing with. i've had experiences on ncl when we were able to negotiate with the photo guys and they were willing to wheel and deal with us. on our last cruise on the spirit, i attempted to do the same thing and they would have nothing to do with it...they wouldn't budge a BIT on the pricing. i was very surprised. i can't say that it happens on every ship, so if there is a picture that you really like, then you may want to be prepared to pay full price for it.

I think the photographers wouldn't have so many pictures left over if they would scale down the packages and let people buy what they want. I don't want two wallet sized and two 8x10's.... I just want one plain old little picture to put in my scrap book! I would buy plenty of them if I could do it that way. But, I usually pass them up because I have no use for all of those copies.

Last week on the Pride of Aloha they had a $199 for all the photos you could get package starting on Day 1 - Worked out great for us as we took home 28 8 x 10's, eight 6 X 8's and two 4 x 6's!

Surfgirl,

Right on! I felt the same way on my recent cruise on the N. Crown. The photographer was very apologic since he rightfully pointed out it is all preprogrammed into the cash register. I had no use for the 2 wallet size photos attached to the back and as a result purchased far less photos.

Unfortunately, the Crown's photographer didn't offer any "deals" and this was on the last sea day before we returned to NYC. He only mentioned the 3-day special of $199 for all the photos you wanted.

MARAPRINCE

The two for one special on photographs was not advertised. We just happened to be in the area on disembarkation day, about 8AM. Some people had already left the ship. They had a huge basket of pictures, and were started to take them down from the display boards. I overheard someone else saying they were two of the price of one. We bought all we could find of us, eight for under $40. This was on the Wind, March 21-June 1 sailing.

Archived