Military OBC...Again

Cruise NH

I was wondering if anyone has received this credit for this year's sailings?

I reread the last thread on this subject from Jan 2012 indicating the OBC had been extended through 2013. But when I applied for our two June transatlantics...our travel agent was told the program was done away with early last year.

I know that's not true because we got it June 2012, so it was definitely available then.

So, has anyone got it this year?

Thanks.

I reread the last thread on this subject from Jan 2012 indicating the OBC had been extended through 2013. But when I applied for our two June transatlantics...our travel agent was told the program was done away with early last year.

I know that's not true because we got it June 2012, so it was definitely available then.

Thanks.

I received the credit for our September 2012 cruise on QV. Haven't tried this year so far, but now that you've reminded me I'll give it a go and report back.

J

Thanks.

Yes, it is still available for UK passengers. We have booked a one month's cruise for later this year on Queen Mary 2 and, after submitting authentic copies of at least two years service in the military, I was credited with $250 on board spend. This certainly helps with the wine bill and is not to be sneezed at. Copies of service records were submitted by e-mail and the address you require is militarybenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Foxy

Thanks for your input. It seemed strange to me. I wouldn't think they would continue it for the UK and cancel for the US:confused:...My travel agent will recheck tomorrow...maybe the weekend customer service staff wasn't up to speed.

I'll report back.

Thanks for your input. It seemed strange to me. I wouldn't think they would continue it for the UK and cancel for the US:confused:...My travel agent will recheck tomorrow...maybe the weekend customer service staff wasn't up to speed.

I'll report back.

This issue was raised during the questions and answers session with Mr Shanks. Have you carried out a search on this topic? :)

Myself and a friend both applied. We are both ex Royal Navy.

I live in the US he is in the UK.

He got it for our May 13th TA I was denied.

Reason given, I booked via the US site.

Oh well some you win some you lose.

Actually he did pretty well, his wife is also an ex QARN so she got it too ..

A nice little earner if you can get it.

What did his Lordship have to say about the question during the Q&A?

This issue was raised during the questions and answers session with Mr Shanks. Have you carried out a search on this topic? :)

I just read it...it was a non-answer...not really helpful. He says it was cancelled but then asked what everyone thought of that, suggesting it could change??

It seems it wasn't cancelled at all for the UK...only USA. So what was he saying after all? You wonder what they are thinking sometimes...

I just went over it myself, and left a few replies.

He didn't really answer the question.

He should run for office, would make a good politician.

I think when we are lucky enough to talk to the head honcho they have to be EXTREMELY careful in how they answer a question as it can always be held against them. :):) I read it just like everyone else and I got the impression that here in the UK there is still possibly a significant number of folks taking advantage of this extremely kind and very generous offer?

It could be that elsewhere there might not be the same take-up? I accept that there have been two or three folks on this forum querying it, but how many people would be needed to keep the offer open?

I find in life that there are thousands of discrepancies where one nation might get something and another might not, is it fair? I have no idea but I would hate for someone to stop it completely (am I selfish or what)

I have read where the Cunard price for a cabin is different in the US compared to the UK but if I try to make a reservation with Cunard in America, my email address is noted as being from the UK and I get referred back to the UK.

Please keep up - we elevated him to sainthood a little while ago.:D

Sir Martin

And may I just be permitted to say that, never in human history, was such elevation more richly deserved.

J

Pete - don't forget now. Q1, 13 Sep, QV from Soton.

I received the credit for our September 2012 cruise on QV. Haven't tried this year so far, but now that you've reminded me I'll give it a go and report back.

J

So, to update my previous post on this subject.

I applied for the Military OBC yesterday (10 Apr) and received confirmation today that $250.00 would be credited to my account for the cruise in September. Looks like it's still going on this side of the Atlantic.

J

My husband also applied for this yesterday, and we had an email confirming that $250 would be credited to our cruise on the Queen Elizabeth.. Dec 2014.

Definitely worth sending an email, and much appreciated.:D

Just FYI - I contacted Cunard and asked why the OBC had been discontinued for US vets...they said they are looking into it...

If I hear anymore I'll post it.

Good luck with that one. It's been asked many times before and has not been changed.

When was the OBC for US vets discontinued? I wonder if it is available retroactively. Yup, I'm a dreamer.

They told my travel agent that it was discontinued last May. We did get it on our June trips but we apparently had requested it before May end of the program.

They told my travel agent that it was discontinued last May. We did get it on our June trips but we apparently had requested it before May end of the program.

Thanks. I'll try not to be a complete idiot when I phone Cunard about "retroactively".

Do you get anything that show you have the onboard credit?

Thanks

We received an email from Carnival advising that it would be added to our onboard account.......will print that off and keep in a safe place. It wasn't showing up on our account yesterday

I have had a letter confirming all my onboard credit allowances one of which showed this very nice gesture.

I suppose on the bright side I am guessing that ex US military get lots of discounts that we are not in receipt of. Swings and roundabouts, an unexpected offer which is much appreciated.

Archived