Question about the Jewel?

Ladysilver

Yes the Jewel has an adults only pool and hot tub but its next to the family pool not on a different deck or sectioned off. I was on the Jewel during Presidents week and the pool area was very crowded but whenever I was at the pool no kids were in the adult pool. Most people do follow rules and signs but no one is around to enforce it.

I just got off the Jewel yesterday! It was school vacation week so the ship was packed with kids, but I can say that the adults-only hot tub and pool was almost always kid-free, or at least it was any time I was there. I saw kids try to get in the pool at least twice and an attendant was almost immediately there to ask them to leave. I think it helps that the adults pool is right by the spot where they give out the beach towels.

On one of the colder days I saw what might have been a 12 year old girl in the pool with her parents, but it was later in the evening and the whole area was empty, so it didn't seem like a big deal.

The poster above is right though- the kid pool and the adult pool are on the same level and are fairly close to each other.

Nice pictures!

Thanks. You know me, I take a lot of pictures :)

Here's the family pool at night too. lol

IMG_3547-vi.jpg

Adult pool on the right here, and the family pool straight ahead. Shot is looking aft from next to the adult pool

IMG_3544-vi.jpg

Adult pool and hot tubs. They turn the water fall off at night. Notice how crowded it is! lol. It was like 45 degrees out :)

IMG_3547-vi.jpg

We are considering a cruise on the Jewel from Houston in the fall of 2014. I have a question for anyone who has been on this beautiful ship.

Is there an adults only pool and hot tub area? :D

I can't wait!!! We get to sail on her on May 25th, 47 more days!!!

Hi, we were on the Jewel Presidents week also. I did see an attendant tell parents that they had to go to the family pool. There were about 3-4 families in and around the pool and a trio of teen girls. This was towards the end of the cruise and one woman rudely asked the attendant where was she supposed to take her child. The attendant pointed to the family pool which is about 2 feet away. Not sure how she missed seeing that pool all week.

We are considering a cruise on the Jewel from Houston in the fall of 2014. I have a question for anyone who has been on this beautiful ship.

Is there an adults only pool and hot tub area? :D

We are booked on the October 18th 2014 cruise sailing from Houston on the Jewel

Archived