Captains Club helped with Open Passages needs

Caribbean Chris

Never had a need to contact the Captains Club ashore before, but I was very pleased with first experience this week.

We just returned from Hawaii cruise. I put an Open Passages form for a future cruise in the wooden box outside the cruise sales office last week near the end of our cruise. (Should have done it earlier.) Never had a response on board or by email, and my cc was not charged.

I emailed Captains Club, attaching a PDF of a scanned duplicate I kept of our form submitted on the ship, and in a few days we had a phone call followed by all the documentation needed.

I've written a review that should appear soon...our Century cruise to Hawaii happily exceeded my low expectations going in (after I had read reviews and postings by unhappy passengers on a previous cruise.) I found it to be a great example of a "Happy ship" with officers, staff and crew who knocked themselves out to provide a great experience.

Never had a need to contact the Captains Club ashore before, but I was very pleased with first experience this week.

We just returned from Hawaii cruise. I put an Open Passages form for a future cruise in the wooden box outside the cruise sales office last week near the end of our cruise. (Should have done it earlier.) Never had a response on board or by email, and my cc was not charged.

I emailed Captains Club, attaching a PDF of a scanned duplicate I kept of our form submitted on the ship, and in a few days we had a phone call followed by all the documentation needed.

Don't be surprised if you get an email with another Open Passage reservation number. The same thing happened to me on last month's Eclipse sailing. It seems that it took them almost three weeks to process the form that I put in the wooden box. I'm keeping the extra Open Passage, but I'm sure they'd be able to cancel and refund your money if you don't want the extra one.

I've written a review that should appear soon...our Century cruise to Hawaii happily exceeded my low expectations going in (after I had read reviews and postings by unhappy passengers on a previous cruise.) I found it to be a great example of a "Happy ship" with officers, staff and crew who knocked themselves out to provide a great experience.

Hi Chris! I had the same problem with my Future Cruise Reservation. I called last week and they suggested that I wait a week before calling The Captain's Club for a certificate. I will take two if they send me one later! My friends turned their forms in after i did and they received confirmations before we left the ship. I just can't make up my mind where I want to go after my Reflection Cruise. After Hawaii, I think that I want another long cruise. Smooth Sailing!

I purchased one Open Passage while on March '13 cruise. Few days after arriving home from cruise, received email with Open Passage.

Waiting for 2015 cruise schedules to post :)

Kathy,

The Caribbean schedules are out, I booked the Eclipse last week for 3/15/15. Where are you planning on cruising in 2015?

Kathy,

The Caribbean schedules are out, I booked the Eclipse last week for 3/15/15. Where are you planning on cruising in 2015?

Hi Rosemary !!!

Like the 14 day on Eclipse but really would like to visit Bonaire again.

I was given wrong info last week in regards to Eclipse sailings to Bonaire :(

Did you use your Open Passage to book???

Will give the sailings on Eclipse a look.

Hope all good with you and Bob.

Hi Rosemary !!!

Like the 14 day on Eclipse but really would like to visit Bonaire again.

I was given wrong info last week in regards to Eclipse sailings to Bonaire :(

Did you use your Open Passage to book???

Will give the sailings on Eclipse a look.

Hope all good with you and Bob.

I'd like to go back to Bonaire again too but we really like cruising in March. I guess it isn't meant to be for us in 2015.

And yes, I used one of my passages to book my favorite AQ room. I'm all about the early bird and the worm. :-)

I'd like to go back to Bonaire again too but we really like cruising in March. I guess it isn't meant to be for us in 2015.

And yes, I used one of my passages to book my favorite AQ room. I'm all about the early bird and the worm. :-)

I am looking at the dates and prices. We have done this 14 day route several times just like you. We like the two weeks cruise since we have to fly. Have never stayed in Miami so this will be new if we do this cruise.

Good to book early and get your best choice cabin :)

Will let you know if I do anything. Some seem to think another 123 deal will happen.

I just got the Open Passage and the Captain's Club benefit applied to a new sailing! I am a happy camper!

Hi, Dee...I liked Hawaii so much, and of course the four days were just a taste, that I'm thinking about doing a Sydney to Honoluu in 2015. Then we could spend some more time at each end.

Read your review, well said.

If I do get two certificates...oh darn, guess we'll just have to plan two cruises.

Hi, Dee...I liked Hawaii so much, and of course the four days were just a taste, that I'm thinking about doing a Sydney to Honoluu in 2015. Then we could spend some more time at each end.

Read your review, well said.

If I do get two certificates...oh darn, guess we'll just have to plan two cruises.

I plan to do the 2015 Sydney-Honolulu , too. You will have to remind me when it's time to book. Just add yahoodotcom to my member name. I checked my email and I have another Future Cruise booking! I guess someone read my review!

End of this story is that...yes, I just received an email for the original Open Passages that the ship issued, a week late. So now we have two numbers, two charges to our Visa.

It's a good thing. Big world to see.

Dee, Sydney/Honolulu sounds like a winner.

Caribbean Chris,

How much was your charge for each passage? We put in a $200 charge request in the drop box and never heard anything. When I emailed the Captains Club, they just sent one number. I am somewhat confused. Some people said they just put in $100 for each open passage.

Thanks for any input.

Caribbean Chris,

How much was your charge for each passage? We put in a $200 charge request in the drop box and never heard anything. When I emailed the Captains Club, they just sent one number. I am somewhat confused. Some people said they just put in $100 for each open passage.

Thanks for any input.

It turned out that I now have one certificate at each price.

The one generated by the shoreside captain's club in response to my post-cruise email (which had both our club numbers etc) was a $200 charge in both our names.

Then a couple of days later (today), I got the one belatedly generated by the Century in my husband's name only... for $100.

$100 was the amount the onboard form stated as the Open Passages cost (something new, in the past it was $200. May vary from ship to ship, who knows.)

The amount will be credited as our deposit when we go to book each of our two future cruises. Only difference is - the $200 obviously ties up more of our money until we decide to book. So I'll use that one first.

When I filled out the form, I asked to have two certificates - one in each of our names. I even specified that it would be $200 in total.

I got one certificate emailed to me in my name only. It's not a biggie since we'll be travelling together. But now I'll have to pay full deposit for him. Have to pay it eventually anyway, but really confused as to why they would do this when it was very clearly spelled out on my sheet. Maybe they just process the sheet and don't read everything you actually write on it.

Archived