Spring Break on the Independence: Max's Mom's Diary

Hi Jane! great review as usual, always a nice treat to see you have done a review! Hope to cruise with you again someday, maybe when I retire!:)

Hey Bonnie! Great hearing from you.....as usual! Have you already been on the Enchantment this year? I was wondering how the ship was now.

Jane- Always great to read one of your great reviews. Hope you are feeling better.

My favorite picture is of the Mud Pie, my all time favorite dessert. Will be headed out of San Juan (met you there on Serenade a couple of years ago) again in a few weeks and looking forward to Chops!

Jane- Always great to read one of your great reviews. Hope you are feeling better.

My favorite picture is of the Mud Pie, my all time favorite dessert. Will be headed out of San Juan (met you there on Serenade a couple of years ago) again in a few weeks and looking forward to Chops!

Hey....yes.....always good to hear from former cruise buddies!

LOL! We always start our week off with Mud Pie. It's hard to find another good dessert all week, but there were a couple that came close! In my real life, I very rarely eat desserts or red meat. I just go crazy for both on cruises!

I love sailing out of San Juan. Have a great trip!

Thanks so much Jane. I finally made it to the end of your great review.

Your photos of St. Maatin certainly brought back memories of the christmas cruise we did with you on the Mariner and our Christmas day on Orient Beach.

I can relate to your mention of the 12 year old crew member on your bridge tour. We have had a couple of ex students return as graduate teachers and it is hard to believe they are now our peers.

Now, riding around on the back of a harley around the Caribbean islands...that would be an excursion I would pay for...I wonder if RCL are listening.

Look forward to the next review.

Karon.....great to hear from you!

Yes....the Harley's were so cool. The Captain actually called one of the Harley riders and asked if his wife and niece could go along on one of their rides! That was neat. They did and had a great time.

Jane,

Thank you so much for the photos and sharing your trip! We're heading to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday (day ahead) for our Saturday departure on the Oasis of the Seas. We're very excited. Too bad you two aren't booked on this one too! lol Sounds like you have some fun lined up already though after retirement. Congratulations! btw, Jonathan and I will be stopping in Cozumel and spending the day at Nachi Cocum. Thanks to you and your wonderful husband for turning us on to such a perfect beach and lounging place. Love it!!!

Talk to you soon,

Lorene (PrincessLo) :)

Jane,

Thank you so much for the photos and sharing your trip! We're heading to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday (day ahead) for our Saturday departure on the Oasis of the Seas. We're very excited. Too bad you two aren't booked on this one too! lol Sounds like you have some fun lined up already though after retirement. Congratulations! btw, Jonathan and I will be stopping in Cozumel and spending the day at Nachi Cocum. Thanks to you and your wonderful husband for turning us on to such a perfect beach and lounging place. Love it!!!

Talk to you soon,

Lorene (PrincessLo) :)

Hey Lorene!

Have a great cruise on the Big O!! You will be amazed. Tell Carlos hello at Nachi!! Hope we can get back there soon. Hey to Jonathan!

Jane -- Loved the review. So nice to reminisce and remember that we were there just 3 weeks ago. We are glad we got to meet you and John and hope to see you on a future cruise. Loved the pictures you posted.

Hey Wanda! It was great meeting you and Ed also! I noticed in your signature that you sailed on the Eclipse in November of 2011......so did we! It was Thanksgiving week. Hope to see you again on a future cruise!

• 1 month later...

I'm so excited that I found this review! We just booked the Independence for next February and I'm now in the process of obsessing over finding as much information as possible (;)). I followed one of your earlier reviews and really loved your writing style, humor and wonderful information. Look forward to reading this review...ok, back to page one! :)

• 1 month later...

Jane,

Thank you for the wonderful review! Loved the pictures! We were on the Indy this March for the 6 night and are doing the 8 night next March. Took notes to remember: the Marriott at St Kitts will be one of our picks, looks fabulous! Also thanks for the tip about Starbucks in San Juan, will be great to check our email.

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us!

Sharon

Hi......just saw a few new posts since I last checked in here! Thanks for the comments. Can't wait to get back on the Independence in December. In the meantime......just booked a B2B on the Freedom for next month! Can't wait. Instead of going back to school.....I'll be cruisin'!! Can't get any better than that!!

Jane:

Wish I could retire, but have a few more years to go.

Been two years since our B2B on the Serenade and going to book a cruise for next June. Since that time however I now have two grandsons. One just born three weeks ago.

Thinking of the Radience to Alaska, the Freedom for an Eastern Caribbean or the Serenade again in Europe.

Mike

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am very late to your review, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! We are going on the Indy in March 2016. We did the Liberty of the Seas this past March and loved it. I love researching everyone's reviews and seeing their pictures. I hope you are enjoying your retirement. You and your husband look like such nice people. I hope to run into you one day on a future cruise!