Oriana's Front

Blackrat

Hi,

Never been on the Oriana so I have a couple of questions.

Looking at photos of the front of the ship there appears to be a public balcony on C deck, is this right?

Also on the deck above, B, there also appears to be a public balcony with some forward facing windows. Are these just for the wedding room? There seem to be others to the side, are these for cabins?

Is there a good balance between the amount of passengers and the public areas? With Oceana I noticed following the addition of extra cabins that getting a seat for a theatre show was always difficult.

Thanks,

BR

Hi,

Forward (and the side) on B Deck is for the Wedding Venue & the Captain's Offices etc (we had our vows renewed there last month & it has a beautiful view from the windows). The deck above (A) is the Bridge. I can't speak for the Forward area on C deck as our cabin was on B deck, however we had several friends whose cabins were Forward on C Deck & they never mentioned a balcony area accessible to the passengers being close to their cabins so it may again be for crew only (Forward on the Promenade Deck is also the crew's leisure area).

During the day there is a good balance between the volume of passengers & the space in public areas, especially out on deck. The only place that seems to be oversubscribed at certain times of day (for quizzes or in bad weather) is Tiffanys coffee lounge as it is midships on D Deck & is located next to the central stairway. In the evening though you still need to get to the theatre or cinema quite early to get a seat! After 5 weeks on Oriana (a week of which was bad weather) I can say hand on heart that we never felt the ship was overcrowded or had to scramble for a seat anywhere (maybe only at the Indian themed buffet evening in the Conservatory which was very popular).

In the last 4 years we have cruised on most of P & O's ships (excluding Ventura & Aurora) and Oriana is definately our favourite so far.

Angie

Hi BR,

If you like to have access to outdoor space might I suggest you look at cabins more towards the stern on A, B or C decks as there are doors at the end of the corridors giving access to the terraced stern decks which have plenty of chairs & loungers on them. We were in a cabin Forward on B deck & we hit very bad weather for a few days (a mid-Atlantic storm) - the location meant that we felt every rise & felt every crash as we rode over the swells - it was also a very long walk to get to the stern terrace decks!!

We are booked on her again for next March (Northern Lights) in a cabin more midships & we are really looking forward to sailing on her again. Hope you have a wonderful cruise,

Angie

We have been on Oriana twice and recently had 30 nights on her.....in our opinion the best decks for sitting out are aft of the ship so better to get a cabin in the aft half rather than forward....our first cruise on her we had a forward cabin and it was such a long walk to sit outside .....we didn't gain much weight though!!!

We have been on Oriana twice and recently had 30 nights on her.....in our opinion the best decks for sitting out are aft of the ship so better to get a cabin in the aft half rather than forward....our first cruise on her we had a forward cabin and it was such a long walk to sit outside .....we didn't gain much weight though!!!

I always make a deal with myself that I'm not going to use the lifts when I start a cruise (instead of going to the gym). Last ship, Arcadia my calf muscles gave out after a couple of days. This year we are on the Ventura, Lido deck. I'm not even going to bother kidding myself.

Thanks for the Oriana tips.

BR

You can walk outside to the C deck forward balcony on Oriana. It is through double doors and you have to close one before you open the other. On B deck the balcony was always for the Captain and senior officers as they had cabins in that vicinity that led to the forwad balcony on that deck. The Balcony at the front is ideal for entering ports and scenic cruising if you want to stand at the front with clear open views.

Oriana has more space and less passengers than Oceana so it is less crowded. The theatre on Oriana holds much more passengers than the theare on Oceana. The theatre on Oceana is small and tacky where it is extremely large on Oriana.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Blackrat

a little off topic but how did you get those piccies on your signature - I can only get one.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Tommy,

Simple, just added some lines between the html on the signature editor page. If you get stuck I can cut and paste the html on to a note and send it to you

Cheers

BR

Archived