April 7, 2013 Freedom of the Seas picture review - 2nd Cruise and 1st time Royal

I woke up this morning feeling great, and Jon was still miserable. The boat really was rocking and rolling Sunday night through Tuesday. The skies were beautiful but the wind would blow you off your feet if you were way up top. I got up, had some breakfast in the Jammer, then relaxed by the pool until lunch time. Jon finally got up and started feeling a little better by lunch. We got a crazy tip from the crew and some other passengers about orange peels. At this point we had tried ginger, green apples, bonine, dramamine, and the patch. Nothing was helping. The orange peel really did help. Peel an orange, and take the peel and bite it, don't swallow it, just inhale the smell and chew the peel. Eat a few saltine crackers too if you need to. It was crazy, he felt well enough after lunch to go play in a 3 on 3 basketball tournament. He was still feeling slightly sick - but the real cure would happen in just a few hours!

Here's a picture of Jon in the tournament, I think they finished 3rd. I have footage of the games I'm going to include in my vacation video. Keep an eye out for it when it's done!

11856_10100868890264071_331103595_n.jpg

After basketball we cleaned up for dinner early since we had a couples massage appointment at 6pm. Before the appointment we ran into the acupuncturist and were reading all about it. Jon told him how bad he had been feeling and the guy tells him he'd love to make him feel better. So we agreed to try this at 5:30. Now, we are both HUGE skeptics and are extremely sarcastic about these things, BUT THIS WORKED! It was amazing. He let me come in, and by the second needle in Jon's foot he wasn't sick AT ALL. He was so relaxed after all the needles were in that he went into a deep, snoring sleep. By 6pm when our massages were supposed to start, he was still sleeping with all of these needles in him, so of course I took pictures. The acupuncturist came back in and told us he'd spoke with the spa to push back our massages, so we ended up getting an hour acupuncture session which was supposed to be 30 minutes. He came in and woke Jon up and we went and had our massages. It was a great experience and totally relaxing. I'd recommend using the spa!

****Warning, if you do not like needles, look away from the following pictures****

526607_10100868890318961_837175517_n.jpg

529195_10100868890398801_1856181461_n.jpg

150715_10100868890493611_2067478294_n.jpg

547397_10100868890598401_59154207_n.jpg

We got out around 7:45 and walked down for dinner at 8. Our table loved hearing our stories, and Rick ended up getting acupuncture done for his back the next morning. We had a great dinner tonight since we were both feeling so good now. Tonight Jon had the arancini and caeser salad with chicken marsala for dinner. I had the minestrone, insalata mista, and the GARLIC TIGER SHRIMP. Oh yum, the best entree I had all week. So good. For dessert our whole table was bad and we all got a tiramisu AND a bread and butter pudding. We were all so ashamed...not really, hehe.

After dinner was the love and marriage game show at 10:45, and it was great. The 50 year married couple ended up winning, and they deserved it. The answers were hilarious! After that I called it a night to get ready for St. Thomas tomorrow!

Here's our animal friend for tonight, a dog wearing my sunglasses!

541902_10100868890977641_334893063_n.jpg

Up next, Day 4 - St. Thomas (MY FAVORITE DAY)

Thanks for posting your review! Can't wait to finish reading it. We are going on the same itinerary in June!:p

Have fun! I loved this itinerary and would do it again in a heartbeat! Thanks for reading!

Great review. Please tell me if the Bon Jovi 'cover band' was on your cruise. We leave Sunday and I am hoping they are still there.

It seems like Gina mentioned something about them being in Olive or Twist one night! I know we saw the Rockport Band there a couple of nights and they were a lot of fun! They would take requests for anything!

I made a booboo, I posted Day 4's dinner on day 3, that's what I get for keeping bad notes!

Day 3 dinner was still good though. Jon had the clam chowder and a salad with blue cheese. For dinner he had the lamb, which was pretty good to me! Dessert that night he had the praline finger and the warm chocolate cake with ice cream (he had to make up for missing night 2's dessert he said)

I had the shrimp cocktail and caesar salad (kept it traditional) with the veal scaloppine oscar for dinner. I enjoyed the warm chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert.

Really, I there were only 2 things I had all week that I didn't like, and they were both desserts.

I will say...Royal's warm chocolate cake doesn't even come close to being as great as Carnival's warm chocolate melting cake!!! :D Sorry guys, but it's true!

When you get off your cruise, hurry the ship back to port to pick us up on May 26!!:D

Oooohhhhh...you are close to us....we get back on the 19th so you have a week in between us getting off and you getting on. Do you want me to put on some speed propellers when I get off?

Oooohhhhh...you are close to us....we get back on the 19th so you have a week in between us getting off and you getting on. Do you want me to put on some speed propellers when I get off?

No, no... that won't be necessary. I'll be sailing on the 19th and want it to take it's sweet time. While I'm on it of course. :rolleyes:

Loving the review. The FOS will also be my 2nd cruise, first on RCL. Can't wait the read the rest of your review.

Awesome, as I've said before, you will have a great trip! Thanks for reading!

Loving the review. The FOS will also be my 2nd cruise, first on RCL. Can't wait the read the rest of your review.

Me too - I'm on the May 19th sailing as well.

Enjoying the review - thanks!

We were on the same sailing as you and were in room 7589. It was our second time in a promenade room and we absolutely loved it.

Thanks for reading! That is hilarious, I'm sure we ran into you in the halls at some point. I'd absolutely stay in that category room again, the price we got was great and there was plenty of room for us.

I'm loving your review! I'm sailing with my DH on May 5,2013. I'm hoping it will be a great experiance for our 15th anniversary. What night did you have the formal dinner & I.Y.O did people dress accordingly?

Thank you so much, I know you will have a wonderful time! We had 2 formal nights, nights 2 and 6. The menus those nights were very good. We had planned on going to Chops and Portofino but never made it. We had so much fun with our tablemates we hated to miss dinner in the MDR. As for dress, I didn't see anyone who looked "bad" on formal night, but not everyone was in a suit or tux. Jon usually wore khaki pants with a long shirt and maybe a jacket, but usually not. As for the other nights, guys with nice khaki shorts and golf shirts appeared to be the norm. I wore a dress every night, mostly casual but 2 were a little "fancier" NOT evening gowns though!

Yay!!!

Finally a Freedom review with pictures! :)

We are going in October, and I check every day for a Freedom review, and it's always Allure, or Oasis, or Independence! :rolleyes:

Thank you for taking the time to do this!

But seriously you did not like the creme brûlée?! :eek: I think we had that um, a few times.:p Looking forward to seeing another view on "our" cruise.

Hahaha, that's what Jon said too! He loved it! Maybe it was the bananas? I don't know! Thanks for reading, it was a great trip and I'm ready to go back! I saw you did the western route, which was your favorite? Jon and I are eyeing that western cruise for next spring on the Freedom!

Yay!!!

Finally a Freedom review with pictures! :)

We are going in October, and I check every day for a Freedom review, and it's always Allure, or Oasis, or Independence! :rolleyes:

Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Yay good timing on my part then! They are fun to write so I don't mind at all. I've been having a great time between putting this together and my video. I love reliving it all!

Archived