Just off Victory 5 Day Eastern 4/20

luvtovaca

I will post a detailed review later. It's been a long travel day home to a city that has had nothing but heartbreak over the last several days. (Thank God all our family and friends are safe and accounted for, including those who had run the marathon.)

Just wanted to report for now that we had a great cruise and all of us really enjoyed ourselves. One of our kids even said twice on the way home that it was a fun vacation and thanked me for planning it. (From a teenager, that says alot!)

The few things I could "complain" about are nit-pickity at best and more of personal opinion, I will put that all in the reveiw. Let me just say that Carnival is still our cruiseline of choice!

If you have any specific questions on the ship/itinterary, etc. in the meantime I will try to answer, just ask away.

Yes, welcome home! I'm so very anxious to read about your cruise. I leave on the very same cruise April 29. Today is the first time I read the cheers program went up on the Victory. Did you buy the cheers and was it the higher price? Haven't decided for sure about buying cheers. Anyway, I know it's going to be a great cruise. Had it booked over 400 days ago. In fact, actually booked this cruise on the Destiny originally, but then Carnival repositioned Victory for this itinerary.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

would love pictures and a review of the ship we are leaving on May 4th western cruise we were on the Victory back in 2005.

Its been an awful week in MA, tough to be away during a situation like that.

Yes, it has been an awful week in MA. We got word via a text from a friend just before sailaway. Luckily, we were able to account for all our family and friends of runners and spectators before we had to shut down our phones. While it was good news for us, it was not for so many others and it was a weird feeling sailing away and only having CNN and Fox to cover the news for us. We all know how well they both handled the Triumph cruise!!

Yes, welcome home! I'm so very anxious to read about your cruise. I leave on the very same cruise April 29. Today is the first time I read the cheers program went up on the Victory. Did you buy the cheers and was it the higher price? Haven't decided for sure about buying cheers. Anyway, I know it's going to be a great cruise. Had it booked over 400 days ago. In fact, actually booked this cruise on the Destiny originally, but then Carnival repositioned Victory for this itinerary.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, we did buy Cheers and yes, it did go up to $49.95 plus the 15%. The bartender handed us a card with all the rules and pricing when we asked to purchase it. On that card it said $49.95 plus 15% gratuity, however I noticed later in the Fun Times it still said $42.95. I went to Guest Services to ask and they said the Fun Times had not been updated by the Cruise Director yet, but that yes, the new price was $49.95. Honestly, I had just glanced at the card since I had gotten all my info on here, and pretty much knew the rules, so when I saw the $49.95 I didn't realize until I re-read it later that it was pre-gratuity. That is why I checked the Fun Times and noticed the discrepancy. We saved the receipts just to add up out of curiosity to see if it was worth it for us, but I am sure Carnival made $$ on us!! Probaby won't buy it again. Had I known it had gone up, we would have carried on wine for day one and bought the program on day 2.

OP, glad to hear you had a good time. God bless all the people impacted by the tragedy in Boston (and Texas too).

We also are on the April 29 sailing to these same ports. We sailed on the Victory back in 2004, so it will be interesting to read your thoughts and then see for ourselves next week.

Bitofun, we have a roll call if you want to join in.

Archived