Quick Review of Victory

wework2play

We were a group of 11; 7 adults, 3 teens, and a 4 year old. We had a balcony cabin for four of us. It was a 5 day cruise to Nassau, Half moon cay, and Grand Turk.

Ship: The ship was beautiful. I loved loved loved the green/turquoise decor and atrium. I also liked to mediteranian style on the lido buffets. There were areas that showed some age, like any older ship, but the ship was clean, pretty well maintained, and had good character. I never waited in a line longer than a couple minutes.

Cabin: Our balcony was just like every other balcony room we have had. No complaints. Our room steward was awesome. Note; our balcony door stayed open on it's own, so there was no need for a bungee cord. We even slept with the balcony door open one night.

Food: The food was consistantly good. Sure, I tried some new things I didn't care for, but that's expected on a cruise. I was always able to find plenty of good food to eat. I discovered the room service chocolate cake is REALLY GOOD! Btw, elegant night was night 2 of this cruise. The lobster was cooked perfect (on my last cruise it was not).

Public areas: The ship didn't ever feel too crowded. I really liked this ship. The public spaces were nicely done, the bartenders were good.

Shows/Entertainment: Good. Not as good as some I've seen on other cruises, but still worth seeing. I really liked the comedy and the cruise director. The show the last night (don't remember what it was called) was very good. It was a variety of motown, oldies, madonna, michael jackson, woodstock era...well done. My 15 year old really liked the leader of his age group also.

Ports: Half Moon Cay was amazing! Great beach day and very relaxing. Also, we spent no money at this port, which was kind of cool. Nassau- we just shopped a bit and got back on the ship. We liked the straw market for some souvineers. Every booth is about the same, but it was still fun to barter. I got a nice bahamas beach bag for 12.00. If we go back to Nassau, I will definately do a beach excursion. The water looked very nice. Grand Turk: I was let down by the beach here. the water was a beautiful turqouise color, but the beach was full of seaweed. We hung out at Margaritaville just off the ship, and it was fun. My son did the flowrider for 39.99, and we had some drinks (expensive here) and relaxed. There was good music and fun times. If we come back to g. t., I want to rent a jeep and explore the island.

Embarkation/Debarkation: We parked at the cruise port. This is a big place so it took a bit to get parked and all, but once inside it went smooth with no waiting and we were on the ship quickly. For debarkation, we chose self debark as always. It went well and again it took a bit to get our car and get loaded but it was pretty smooth.

Overall: Since I am closer to Galveston port, I will probably always sail from galveston from now on. I'm going to get fried for saying this, but people were so much friendlier in Galveston. The crew and passengers just smile more. POM was nice, and nobody was "rude", just not as friendly as we are used to. It was interesting to cruise from Miami and see the melting pot of people aboard one ship. We had fun meeting new people.

I'm not really sure why the Victory has received such shady reviews. We all really enjoyed her and her crew. Based on what we paid, we knew we weren't getting a new ship with all the newest amenities. I also really liked the pools on the Victory. I learned that I prefer my cabin to be at the aft of the ship. It's closer to pools, buffets, dining room (in my case), and the movement wasn't too bad. Mid or aft for me from now on. I always make sure im close to a laundry room too, which makes it more convenient with 3 kiddos.

Great cruise. I would say Victory and the Conquest are my two fav ships to date.

Thank you for this. I am cruising Victory for my first cruise. I am at the Aft in a balcony room as well, 6432. We are going to Key West and Cozumel though.

Anything else you would recommend for a first time cruiser on this ship?

Thanks for postng your review. I really enjoyed the Victory on my first cruise. I am booked with this ship again in July with the same ports you just went to. I am really excited for trip! Bummer to hear about Grand Turk. I am thinking we will also go to Margueritaville.

How was Serenity deck? Do you try the spa at all?

Thanks,

Caro

Thank you for this. I am cruising Victory for my first cruise. I am at the Aft in a balcony room as well, 6432. We are going to Key West and Cozumel though.

Anything else you would recommend for a first time cruiser on this ship?

We were in 6435. Advice... deck 4 does not go all the way through, so if you are assigned dining on deck 4 aft, you should take aft elevator (by your room) to deck 4. If you go to deck 4 midship, dont think you can just walk back to dinner. Also, deck 6 and 7 have "secret decks" all the way forward on each side of ship. Look for a door and go out. We took a small soft sided cooler and had our room steward fill it with ice. We kept sodas and milks for our kid in it. Very convenient since there was no fridge.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for postng your review. I really enjoyed the Victory on my first cruise. I am booked with this ship again in July with the same ports you just went to. I am really excited for trip! Bummer to hear about Grand Turk. I am thinking we will also go to Margueritaville.

How was Serenity deck? Do you try the spa at all?

Thanks,

Caro

I went up to serenity deck but it was so crowded I turned around and never went back. Maybe it was bad timing. My mom and I went up to the spa. Ladies working were super sweet. We wanted to book something but ran out of time. Since you are doing the same port intensive itenerary we did, you will see what I mean. Time gets away from you.

Thanks for the quick review! We're doing the same itinerary on the Victory in 48 days! Plan on renting a golf cart and exploring GT; have a cabana rented in HFC and snorkeling in Nassau. Should be an adventure-filled trip.

The Victory has a seaside theater. Do you remember what movies were playing? I know many people hate the screen, but I love watching a moive at night outside on the ship.

Pirates of the Caribbean, don't remember the others

Thanks for your great review! We will be on this ship in July, going to Key West and Cozumel. We booked a premium aft balcony on Deck 9. I am so worried as this room, even being a bigger room, states it has to have trundles brought in. My daughters are both 5'6". Thinking of switching to a regular balcony. Did you like the size of your balcony?

Thanks for your great review! We will be on this ship in July, going to Key West and Cozumel. We booked a premium aft balcony on Deck 9. I am so worried as this room, even being a bigger room, states it has to have trundles brought in. My daughters are both 5'6". Thinking of switching to a regular balcony. Did you like the size of your balcony?

Have you had a balcony room before? It was fine for 2 people. We have had an aft balcony before too and it was larger, but we didn't like how the railing leaned in, and we didn't like the extra vibration from the back of the ship. That's jmo. With that said, trundles wouldn't be bad. They would be just as good or better than the alternative for your daughters.

Archived