Birthday on Board

Yep. We celebrated my hubby's 30th. I ordered him a delicious chocolate cake and had about 15 various waiters gather around the table to sing a beautiful multi-cultural "happy birthday".

Many, many people are celebrating something onboard - birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, graduation, retirement, family reunion, etc. They cannot and do not do something for everyone who is celebrating. If you make a point of telling your waiter, s/he can bring a dessert with a candle, but they no longer celebrate birthdays with entire cakes or similar. You can buy one from Gifts and Gear through the website if you like, though.

When I booked a 5 night cruise for my birthday (the Med) on AOS, I was given $100 OBC, a bottle of bubbly and strawberries dipped in chocolate which were in our room later in the day. Hubby purchased a cake & it was delivered in the dining room where everyone on our table, our dining staff and guests around us all joined in to sing happy birthday. It was a great!

Many, many people are celebrating something onboard - birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, graduation, retirement, family reunion, etc. They cannot and do not do something for everyone who is celebrating. If you make a point of telling your waiter, s/he can bring a dessert with a candle, but they no longer celebrate birthdays with entire cakes or similar. You can buy one from Gifts and Gear through the website if you like, though.

Agreed. In fact, you can pretty much celebrate anything you want - even if it really isn't your birthday (say it's your birthday in just several days), not your anniversary, etc. Whichever night you choose, you'll probably get a dessert with "Happy ____" written in chocolate frosting on the plate.

When I booked a 5 night cruise for my birthday (the Med) on AOS, I was given $100 OBC, a bottle of bubbly and strawberries dipped in chocolate which were in our room later in the day. Hubby purchased a cake & it was delivered in the dining room where everyone on our table, our dining staff and guests around us all joined in to sing happy birthday. It was a great!

Were the $100 OBC, champagne, and strawberries provided by your travel agent or by RCI? I have never heard of RCI giving these kind of special perks for celebrations.

Archived