B2B Allure Of The Seas Pictorial Review - 31st March 2013 & 7th April 2013

Hi, You don't find out which cabana you get until you arrive but when you book you can choose, beach, hillside or over the water. The drinks are the same prices as on the ship and the seapass card is accepted everywhere except when buying souvenirs from the locals at the market. Everywhere else is basically an extension of the ship.

For the cabana's on Labadee there are 2 areas: Nellies Beach and Barefoot Beach. The ones on Barefoot Beach are for Suite guests only. They have beach, over the water and hillside. The ones on Nellies Beach are for everyone else and there are beach and over the water ones. The beach ones are $225 and the over the water ones are $250. From reading previous threads on the cabanas, it is basically a first come first serve. When you get off the ship, you need to go to the consierge who assigns the cabanas. The person that rented it is the only one that really needs to get off the ship early to get it. You then give them the names of the other people you invite to your cabana. You all get wrist bands which allows you to eat in the Barefoot Beach dining area.

This is the first time I have rented one, but I believe all my information is correct. I am a big planner and researcher and took lots of notes from other threads.

Hope this help. :D

For the cabana's on Labadee there are 2 areas: Nellies Beach and Barefoot Beach. The ones on Barefoot Beach are for Suite guests only. They have beach, over the water and hillside. The ones on Nellies Beach are for everyone else and there are beach and over the water ones. The beach ones are $225 and the over the water ones are $250. From reading previous threads on the cabanas, it is basically a first come first serve. When you get off the ship, you need to go to the consierge who assigns the cabanas. The person that rented it is the only one that really needs to get off the ship early to get it. You then give them the names of the other people you invite to your cabana. You all get wrist bands which allows you to eat in the Barefoot Beach dining area.

This is the first time I have rented one, but I believe all my information is correct. I am a big planner and researcher and took lots of notes from other threads.

Hope this help. :D

I didn't think i saw any hillside one at Nellie's but I could swear I saw them on the axcursions list when I was booking. Maybe I imagined it.

Hopefully I'll get to some posts about Jamaica tomorrow.

Ok your review totally ruined me! I booked a cruise for next year on Allure. We were supposed to sail her this year in May and ended up pushing our cruise to November so we could visit some new ports. I am excited about that trip but still wanted to sail Allure. We loved Oasis and I can't wait to sail this one! I have loved your review it has been a lot of fun and it sure is nice for you to go to so much trouble so we can all enjoy reliving it with you.:)

Ok your review totally ruined me! I booked a cruise for next year on Allure. We were supposed to sail her this year in May and ended up pushing our cruise to November so we could visit some new ports. I am excited about that trip but still wanted to sail Allure. We loved Oasis and I can't wait to sail this one! I have loved your review it has been a lot of fun and it sure is nice for you to go to so much trouble so we can all enjoy reliving it with you.:)

I'm glad you are enjoying the review. You will enjoy the Allure every bit as much as the Oasis!!

I have run out of scanned compasses etc now so I will be having an evening off before pick it up again with Jamaica tomorrow.

Enjoy your day off. Everyone deserves one.......:p;)

Gwen :)

LOL! But only one!!:D

Tara

Haha. I will definitely get some scanning done and hopefully get Jamaica posted tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I am FINALLY caught up to page 30, wow that only took 2 days. GREAT review, I'm really enjoying every moment. Congratulations on your wedding!

I must say I really want to go on the Allure (or Oasis) after all this :D. I will have to convince my hubby to go on a megaship, I'm sure my kids would love it.

Looking forward to reading more, the Western Caribbean is what we would do if we went on the Allure or Oasis, so I am interested in this weeks cruise.

Keep up the great work! ;)

DH really wants to try the Allure...So I booked us for Apr 2015. We love Princess too!

I am FINALLY caught up to page 30, wow that only took 2 days. GREAT review, I'm really enjoying every moment. Congratulations on your wedding!

I must say I really want to go on the Allure (or Oasis) after all this :D. I will have to convince my hubby to go on a megaship, I'm sure my kids would love it.

Looking forward to reading more, the Western Caribbean is what we would do if we went on the Allure or Oasis, so I am interested in this weeks cruise.

Thank you very much. I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Book it :D

DH really wants to try the Allure...So I booked us for Apr 2015. We love Princess too!

I'm sure you won't regret it.

We woke this morning at about 08:30. We had our morning stretch out on the balcony and could see Falmouth for the first time.

DSC01598_zps1334a265.jpg

DSC01599_zpsffc3efcc.jpg

DSC01600_zps9e5b3002.jpg

DSC01601_zps7e15cedd.jpg

A note on Jamaica. I holidayed here for 2 weeks back in 2000 and stopped in Ocho Rios on the Navigator in 2005. There are definitely downsides to Jamaica but I have always had a thoroughly good time here. I think the people are great fun and very colourful. "YEAH MON", and "IRIE MON", will be ringing in your ears very soon after leaving the ship. You will, most likely, be offered drugs at some point if you leave the RCI complex but a simple, "no", usually suffices. Again, outside the complex the sales techniques are pushy and aggressive at markets and shops. Personally, I do my best to avoid these places. I found choosing an excursion in Jamaica quite difficult due to the location of Falmouth. It is fairly remote and thins makes planning a little more difficult.

It was soon that we realised we had forgotten to order breakfast. To put it more accurately I had forgotten to order breakfast. We decided that we would head up to the Windjammer for an easy breakfast. It took a while to find a table this morning but eventually we shared a large table with an American family. I had fried eggs, fried potatoes, bacon, ham and toast. I don't recall what Sally had. Chloe had a bowl of special K and we all had orange juice. Breakfast was OK but nothing too memorable. It done the job. I must have been half asleep still as I forgot to take any photos.

On the way back down we grabbed some towels from the pool deck to take out with us on the day trip. At 10:45 Sally, Chloe and I headed down to disembark. It was as swift as usual.

A note on Jamaica while I think of it. I had a 2 week holiday in Jamaica in 2000 and I stopped in Ocho Rios on the Navigator in 2011. I have always found the Jamaican people to be good fun and very colourful. The words, "Yeah Mon", and, "Irie mon", will probably be ringing in your ears soon after leaving the ship. Drugs are rife in Jamaica so do not be too surprised if you are offered drugs for sale if you travel outside the complex. Having said that, a simple, "No", has always sufficed for me. Their sales techniques can be quite aggressive and pushy too so I pretty much avoid shops (outside of the port complex) and markets if I can. I would return to Jamaica in a heartbeat so my advice would be to embrace it.

DSC01602_zps9734c8ec.jpg

Soon we were making our way down the pier to the RCI complex.

DSC01603_zps69af53d6.jpg

DSC01604_zps82be561c.jpg

DSC01605_zpsdce5ce51.jpg

These guys on stilts are eagerly waiting to have pictures taken with people.... for a fee of course. I didn't enquire.

DSC01606_zps5b131a29.jpg

DSC01607_zpse637b407.jpg

I just took a couple of pictures on the way through the complex whilst making our way to the meeting point for our 'Dreamer Catamaran' Trip.

I think this picture shows just how enormous the Allure is.

DSC01608_zps52cf7777.jpg

There are number of stalls in the middle of the complex selling items such as, baskets, fridge magnets, jewellery and wood carvings. The shops are located all around the perimeter.

DSC01609_zps8b5c34e5.jpg

At the far end there are white marquees which is the meeting point. It looks thoroughly disorganised but its fairly easy to spot people holding up signs for each of the many excusions. We were greatful for the shade as it was hot.

DSC01611_zps5ae2da99.jpg

This is the view back towards the ship from there.

DSC01612_zps81a9608d.jpg

Soon enough we were on a minibus. I believe it was about a 30 min drive to the beach to catch our Catamaran near Montego Bay. Trips such as the Dunns River Falls, although fantastic, are a 2-3 hour trip away in the opposite direction.

The windows weren't exactly ideal to take pictures out of on the drive. There wasn't a lot to see in all honesty.

This was Usain Bolt's school. That's the athletics field in front of it.

DSC01614_zps61d61119.jpg

DSC01616_zps912208a6.jpg

DSC01622_zpsde854de9.jpg

There were quite a few goats at the side of the road which I failed miserably at getting a picture of. Curried Goat is lovely in Jamaica. :D

We soon arrived at our destination, Cornwall Beach.

DSC01624_zps23e2a9e7.jpg

DSC01625_zps760c0906.jpg

I decided it was best to leave my gun and ninja stars on the minbus for the day.

There was a few stalls the other side of the entrance selling their wares. They didn't hassle us at all though.

DSC01626_zpsf5d98571.jpg

It was a fairly active and pretty beach.

DSC01627_zps54bbd29f.jpg

That's the Dreamer Catamaran whilst we were waiting to board.

DSC01628_zpscab618f3.jpg

Chloe and Sally making a meal of climbing the steps up :D

We made our way to the back of the boat and got some seats there. The staff were friendly and energetic. I was disappointed to hear that there was no smoking on board whatsoever :( I know most people would be happier about this than me so nevermind!

This was taken looking out to see from the back of the boat.

DSC01632_zps9e87d4d8.jpg

As we sailed around the coast there was a Carnival ship docked in the distance.

DSC01654_zps297a47b8.jpg

DSC01655_zpscc6e6529.jpg

This was our Captain.

honeymoon2179_zpsd158bbd3.jpg

We were soon at our scheduled snorkelling trip. They gave a briefing and then an extra one to anyone who hadn't snorkelled before. They showed these people how to wear their masks and gave them some good safety advice. Chloe decided she was going to give it another go. They provide all the equipment if you need it. Snorkelling vests/lifejackets are not compulsory but available if wanted. "It's Jamaica so no problem mon". Sally and Chloe decided to take a vest each.

honeymoon2180_zps731cdced.jpg

I hopped off the side of the boat so I could wait for Sally and Chloe to come down the stairs at the front. These are the same stairs that we used to first board the boat.

honeymoon2184_zpsc451d752.jpg

honeymoon2185_zps8a5b694c.jpg

honeymoon2186_zps8c96ecfa.jpg

Chloe had a little snorkel with us then decided she would like to watch from the catamaran. I swam her back and then went for a snorkel with Sally. I think we had about an hour.

My under water photography skills are even worse than on dry land. The water was reasonably clear and there was some coral reef to snorkel over.

honeymoon2188_zps15e1d883.jpg

honeymoon2190_zps7f09a408.jpg

honeymoon2191_zpsf8be81e9.jpg

Okay, so your "crappy" photography is better than my good photography! :D. I especially suck at underwater photos! This looks like a nice excursion.

Tara

Haha, I was looking at the face on the fish in the middle of the 2nd picture of that last set. It looks like it is smiling. It reminds me of the pirahna films with the legs of the snorkellers in the background :D

Haha, I was looking at the face on the fish in the middle of the 2nd picture of that last set. It looks like it is smiling. It reminds me of the pirahna films with the legs of the snorkellers in the background :D

I went back to look and he is smiling. How cute is that?

Archived