Just of the Glory - Miami -Western itinerary

ctfamilyof5

Just off the Glory Sunday--- hoping to write a review in full, but for the meantime ask away...

It was FANTASTIC! The Ship, the staff, the ports, the weather...EVERYTHING!!!

There were 8 of us 2 cabins - balcony (8211) and inside (8223), I thought they were in a great location. We had 2 adults and 2 children in each cabin (children 10,9,7,4). We purchased FTTF and it was GREAT! I thought it was worth the money for the priority boarding as well as the tenders in Belize and Grand Cayman.

Like anything else there were good and bad items but at the end of the day (or week) I would sail Carnival again no question!

Did your 4 year old do Camp Carnival?? We're on Glory in July!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes my 4yr old did camp carnival - not as much as I thought she would as she was also fine staying with us, and we left the ship at each port, and all the kids couldn't wait to go to dinner at the MDR (6pm seating) because they LOVED the waiters. Although she did enjoy it, and there really were not that many kids when I dropped or picked her up. Staff was very nice, and I was given a phone too. There were a little over 400 kids in total on the ship and per the staff that is pretty low, when it is "high" season they would have over 1000.

If you don't mind me asking what was the "bad" I'm sailing on the glory this Sunday as well

I guess it wasn't really bad... We went on Norwegian last year, and I thought their evening shows were much better - more dancers/singers and more variety and a new show each night. Glory only did 2 main shows (Motor City and Latin Nights) and then repeated it the last night

Hasbro games were great for the kids, Ok for adults, but 1st one was Tuesday, and started at 9:45pm thought that was a little late when it is geared towards kids

We enjoyed the comedians- they had 2 family shows, and 2 adult only shows which were entertaining.

I wasn't impressed with food -Breakfast at the buffet was long lines, and food wasn't always replenished. The Deli was pastrami or corned beef was good and never really a line. Pizza always seemed to have a long line, but it was decent. MDR for dinner was good, not great, but felt a little rushed as they needed to get us in and out before the next seating at 8:15... kids LOVED the waiters, and I will say they went out of their way to entertain and cater to the kids. They even did a dance number each night which was entertaining.

2.0 upgrades were probably the BEST to eat at- Guys Burgers (although greasy) were Awesome.. fries too and the had a great condiments bar

Blue Iguana -Burritos Breakfast and Lunch ones were really good too - only complaint is they should serve chips since they offer such a variety of salsa's. Only complaint is they were only open until 2:30 so only enjoyed on the 2 sea days since the other port days we weren't on the ship when they were open.

I felt the were very strict about the towels, and returning them.. I don't remember that on the Gem.

Wasn't impressed with CD - Josh

Again not really bad... just things I noticed between the 2 cruise lines.

More Music or DJ poolside then live bands (which NCL seemed to always have more live bands and more "entertainment" teams getting the crowd going.)

Thank you CT, all of the things you noticed "lacking" are the things fellow repeat cruisers have been missing for the last few years. Nothing out of the ordinary for carnival, and I'm glad you still enjoyed yourself.

Boarding the Glory this Sunday! What time did they start embarkation for FTTF?? Thinking of showing up to port around 10:30 AM but is that too early?

Also, do you happen to know what time self-assist debarkation started? We have a 12:30 flight and want to get off as soon as they let us.

Boarding the Glory this Sunday! What time did they start embarkation for FTTF?? Thinking of showing up to port around 10:30 AM but is that too early?

Also, do you happen to know what time self-assist debarkation started? We have a 12:30 flight and want to get off as soon as they let us.

We didn't board until 12:30 (we go there at 10:30), but I think it was because the cruise before us was a chartered cruise (someone rented out/fundraising cruise) so I don't think they were held to get off as fast as usual.

Leaving we didn't do self assist, but if I remember correctly by 8am they were letting them off so there you should have no problem catching a 12:30 flight -

I am looking forward to your review. My wife and I were on the same cruise for our honeymoon. To answer the question about making an early flight home, We did the self assist and were at MIA by 8:30. We were on deck 8 which was in the second group they called to disembark. We had zone 1 boarding and were on the ship around lunch. I dont remember exactly.

Hasbro games were great for the kids, Ok for adults, but 1st one was Tuesday, and started at 9:45pm thought that was a little late when it is geared towards kids)

I dont think Hasbro is geared towards kids-- you have to answer questions in order to be picked. On our sailing Hasbro was only played 3 times during the week-- and only one kid was picked for each game show

I dont think Hasbro is geared towards kids-- you have to answer questions in order to be picked. On our sailing Hasbro was only played 3 times during the week-- and only one kid was picked for each game show

Ours had it 3 times as well, yes questions but easy enough for kids to answer, and each time kids were picked for each team

On ours it seemed they picked a kid, a tween, a teen, and an adult for each team - good mix which is why I was surprised in was so late that night.

Did you go to the Steakhouse? If so how was it? Is it worth the $35?

Was on the Glory in March. Great cruise! Did the Steakhouse for the first time. For us, definitely worth the $$. Comparable to a top steakhouse (Ruth's Chris, Mortons, etc.) in food and service.

Leaving this Saturday and sailing on the Glory Sunday.

For Cozumel, have Nachi Cocum booked. Belize, we're going to enjoy the ship, only because we've toured the Ruins and been to Bannister Island. Not into cave tubing and zip lining. Roatan, booked the Tabyana Beach Break thru Carnival. We normally head to Mahogany Bay, so looking forward to seeing some of the country. And Caymans, we're heading to Royal Palms Beach Club.

Have the Steakhouse booked for Wednesday, Belize Port day.

Can't wait. I love the Western itinerary. Hope we have good weather.:D

Archived