Majesty Cabins

I am booking this weekend for june 2014 to go on the Majesty, can any body tell me which Cabins have a wet room and are they bigger than a normal shower or have i got it wrong and there isnt any wet rooms, also i know to book a bigger Cabin but i am undecided to book a inside or outside Cabin as when we were on the Dream a couple of years ago i just took any cabin and we found it far too small and caused a bit of a argument so this time i want to get it right, :) i know they are about the same size , but is it worth the extra for the window,:confused:

You need to book a plus cabin they will be about the same size as dream. Dream were the biggest cabins we had been on. But the basic on majesty are very small. We had a inside plus on deck 4 and it was fine we have only ever had an outise once that was on destiny special occasion but we only sleep and change in the cabin so always go for inside. Kruzseeka will advise you better she is a wealth of information

I have been on Majesty 3 times, each time on deck 4 outside plus, mid ships. Each room was quiet and there was plenty of floor space, hanging space and more drawers than 2 people need plus a fridge. The showers do not have a shower tray, only a slight lip but if you direct the shower head away from the shower curtain you should have no problem with flooding. They are not big showers but adequate.

The standard rooms are quite small and there is not much storage space. DH and I had an outside standard room for our last day and we both agreed that at a push and for economy we could manage in one for a week, neither of us is a big person though.

I would always pay the extra for a window, but that is just me. It is so lovely to pull the curtains on a morning to see what the weather is like and to see if we have reached port. I would feel too claustrophobic in an inside cabin, especially a standard inside cabin. But, if it was all I could afford, it would be better than no cruise at all!

You need to book a plus cabin they will be about the same size as dream. Dream were the biggest cabins we had been on. But the basic on majesty are very small. We had a inside plus on deck 4 and it was fine we have only ever had an outise once that was on destiny special occasion but we only sleep and change in the cabin so always go for inside. Kruzseeka will advise you better she is a wealth of information

Well I'm sorry to let you down infoqueen but in this case I really can't add much - and the same size whether inside/outsdie. As both of you are aware from what you have said, the standard cabins either inside or outside on Majesty are very very small. If you found the basic Dream cabin small gollydolly then you are very wise to have decided to go for a 'Plus' on Majesty as by comparison the standard Dream cabin is quite a bit bigger than the equivalent on Majesty so if you found the Dream small......................:eek:.

I believe if you book a 'Plus' though generally it will be the same size whether inside or outside. So your decision then will be made on how important having a window is to you. Like infoqueen we always go for an inside purely on the basis of saving the cost of the up-grade which we always tell ourselves is 'to go towards the next cruise!' :D We have occasionally had outside cabins which was nice (except once on Deck 1 on Celebration in a rough sea which was like being in a washing machine - they came knocking on the door at midnight to batten us down! :eek::D ). But as we spend very little time in the cabin - just sleeping, showering and changing we don't mind inside ones.

As for the 'wet room' bit - I think they are all proper showers on Majesty with shower curtains but where the idea of a wet room might come from is because there is no shower tray as such just a slightly sloped tiled floor in towards the drain. Also the en-suite is so small there really isn't enough space step out to dry yourself outside the shower area so you have to utilise the space as a more integral part of the ensuite which works ok as there's no lip to the shower so it's almost like continuous space - hence some likeness to a wet room. Now whether all the cabins with just a shower are the same I don't know. Of course some cabins have baths so the size/arrangement of those could be quite different. Hopefully someone else will be able to help with more info. :)

Well I'm sorry to let you down infoqueen but in this case I really can't add much - and the same size whether inside/outsdie. As both of you are aware from what you have said, the standard cabins either inside or outside on Majesty are very very small. If you found the basic Dream cabin small gollydolly then you are very wise to have decided to go for a 'Plus' on Majesty as by comparison the standard Dream cabin is quite a bit bigger than the equivalent on Majesty so if you found the Dream small......................:eek:.

I believe if you book a 'Plus' though generally it will be the same size whether inside or outside. So your decision then will be made on how important having a window is to you. Like infoqueen we always go for an inside purely on the basis of saving the cost of the up-grade which we always tell ourselves is 'to go towards the next cruise!' :D We have occasionally had outside cabins which was nice (except once on Deck 1 on Celebration in a rough sea which was like being in a washing machine - they came knocking on the door at midnight to batten us down! :eek::D ). But as we spend very little time in the cabin - just sleeping, showering and changing we don't mind inside ones.

As for the 'wet room' bit - I think they are all proper showers on Majesty with shower curtains but where the idea of a wet room might come from is because there is no shower tray as such just a slightly sloped tiled floor in towards the drain. Also the en-suite is so small there really isn't enough space step out to dry yourself outside the shower area so you have to utilise the space as a more integral part of the ensuite which works ok as there's no lip to the shower so it's almost like continuous space - hence some likeness to a wet room. Now whether all the cabins with just a shower are the same I don't know. Of course some cabins have baths so the size/arrangement of those could be quite different. Hopefully someone else will be able to help with more info. :)

Wehad an Inside plus, and while the cabin itself had plenty of room we found we had to step outside the bathroom to dry ourselves as the bathroom was too small for a proper drying area.

Berwyn

The issue of the cabin size has already been adequately covered and I agree with what others have said about the benefits of a plus cabin. With regard to windows, this is a matter of personal choice and a window is more important to some than to others. It is nice to wake up pull back the curtains and see Venice going past your window but on the other hand inside is cheaper and you could spend the money you saved on the cabin on a nice excursion.

We usually pay extra to get a window because without one you can wake up not knowing if you should roll over and go back to sleep because it is only 3am or if it is 8am and they have been serving breakfast for an hour already. The only exception to this is cruising to the Baltic. In Helsinki and St Petersburg in the summer it gets dark at midnight and the sun comes up again at about 3am. Some people find it difficult to sleep properly therefore an inside cabin might be better in those circumstances.

The issue of the cabin size has already been adequately covered and I agree with what others have said about the benefits of a plus cabin. With regard to windows, this is a matter of personal choice and a window is more important to some than to others. It is nice to wake up pull back the curtains and see Venice going past your window but on the other hand inside is cheaper and you could spend the money you saved on the cabin on a nice excursion.

We usually pay extra to get a window because without one you can wake up not knowing if you should roll over and go back to sleep because it is only 3am or if it is 8am and they have been serving breakfast for an hour already. The only exception to this is cruising to the Baltic. In Helsinki and St Petersburg in the summer it gets dark at midnight and the sun comes up again at about 3am. Some people find it difficult to sleep properly therefore an inside cabin might be better in those circumstances.

If you don't want to miss the beautiful sail-ins my advice is forget the window; see it from the outside properly & get out on deck - lovely time of day!! We have made do with inside cabins - we just leave the TV monitor on the ship cam at night and the dawn comes through the TV screen!!!! This always wakes me up in the morning - seeing the soft glow of the sun getting ready to rise!

Don't miss the Venice & Kotor sail-ins (providing you are going in the summer when it will be light, which you are!). I am sure you will not regret the effort of getting out of bed early; they are stunning!

Thanks people, i am booking tomorrow for maybe a b to b if not too expensive or a cruise and stay, my OH is up at 5 am most days so he said a window isnt important to him and he will make sure im up to see the sail ins, so im going to book deck 4 inside plus,:D midship

Thanks people, i am booking tomorrow for maybe a b to b if not too expensive or a cruise and stay, my OH is up at 5 am most days so he said a window isnt important to him and he will make sure im up to see the sail ins, so im going to book deck 4 inside plus,:D midship

Word of advice if you don't already know & if you are using a travel agent; get quotes online from the Thomson website & take them with you & they should at least match them, if not hopefully also give a discount too - they want your business! The brochure prices are usually quite a lot higher than the online price ;)

Archived