Groups, Guarantees & Cabin Assignments

Terpnut

We are a party of four or six who have booked verandah/balcony guarantees. For families or groups who book guarantees together, where did your final stateroom assignments end up relative to each other? Did you get adjoining staterooms, staterooms in the same vicinity on the same deck, or were you randomly assigned all over the ship?

I'm trying to understand the probabilities of having room assignments being close if a groups books everything together. Thanks!

Only once were we assigned adjacent cabins. Usually we wait until we get an assignment and change to whichever cabins keeps us closest together, within the same assigned category of course. I've never waited more than a couple of days for an assignment to show up and I usually book before final payment so there is still plenty of cabins in all categories available. The closer you get to sailing as inventory decreases, it may be more difficult to stay together.

Wouldn't it depend upon the booking choices of other guests?

I mean, if other people leave a cluster of cabins unbooked, your odds of getting clustered cabins go up. or your odds of being able to swap into nearby cabins. On the other hand, if all the vacant cabins are scattered, then your group likely will be scattered. I am not sure somebody else's past experience will tell you much about your assignments. still, I hope you like your cabins in the end.

We've done four guarantees when traveling with friends and family but were never assigned close together cabins even though our bookings were linked. For two of these we called after our cabin assignments were made and were able to get cabins close together since we were in the same category. The other two booking we were assigned different category cabins for the same class of gty that didn't allow us to be on the same deck. For one of these we were able to get our cabin changed to one right above our friends' cabin and both were near the stairs/elevator area so at least that provided easy and quick access between cabins.

Archived