Just Back from Solstice French Polynesia Cruise

cruisinsusin

[quote name='vally6']hi we are going on the same cruise 2014 did you stay in hawaii we are looking for accomadation for a couple of days before we fly home to melb . also did you book your own flights home or through your agent . cant book yet as flights not available yet
thanks any imformation will be good
vall6[/QUOTE]

Wait for Jetstar to have a sale - we go ours in the 2 for 1 sale recently, $650 for the two of us, one way of course :p. Use sites like Skyscanner and Expedia to keep an eye on flights and watch out for sales.

[quote name='cruisinsusin']Hi Maria, would be happy to answer any questions[/quote]

thank you cruisinsesun,

my main question: if you stay 2 days in the iland, can you go back to the ship for the night free or you should pay for the transfers?
Actually how does it work?

thank you for your answer
if it is possible, for me is better to my e mail adress [EMAIL="maria.urban@t-online.hu"]maria.urban@t-online.hu[/EMAIL]

Thanks for your posts about this cruise aboard solstice . We are planning to take this cruise from Sydney to Hawaii in April 2015 & then stay aboard for the cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver BC .;):D

Yes ,it is a long flight to get to Sydney from the west coast & we will do it business class ,for the comfort :)

Although swimming with reef sharks seems exciting ,being in our mid 70s we will bail on this one :). Our activity level is not quite that high . However ,would love to take pictures of all that from the boat:p .

[quote name='couple from Hungary']thank you cruisinsesun,

my main question: if you stay 2 days in the iland, can you go back to the ship for the night free or you should pay for the transfers?
Actually how does it work?

thank you for your answer

Hi - I'm not sure I understand your question. The ship was not at any one port more than one day other than Sydney. I did hear of people who spent the night in the over the water bungalows in Moorea and joined the ship after that but I don't know all the details about how that was done. I think that there was a discussion about that on the Pacific islands boards, though.

thanks for reply about flights back from hawaii to australia are you going on the trip 11/4/2014 . we cannot get flights yet to early . also has anyone stayed in hawaii at time share or condos look good but want money up front with credit card bit unsure about that
thanks grateful for any help thanks val smart vally6

Hi Val, we flew to Sydney to begin the cruise and watched airfare for over 1 year. We never saw one ways from the US west coast any lower than about $1000 ( and that was choice air). We didn't price Hawaii to Sydney so can't help with that.

yhanks for reply got our airfares back from hawaii to melb yesterday 568 dollars jetstar has just released them was happy with that , now for accomadation looking at time share off tripadviser has any one stayed in time share in hawaii have good reviews ' would like to hear if anyone else has used them
thanks val vally6

Archived