Costa Shuttle Question Please

ombrelle

Hi everybody,

Our plane lands in Nice ( Cote d'Azur ) at 6:45 A.M. on May 3. We took shuttle bus from Costa, from Nice airport to Savona, Italy. Our shuttle confirmation says, pick-up from Nice airport 12:45, arrival in Savona 3:00 P.M. Ship last boarding time 3:30 P.M.:confused::confused: Has anyone done this before? It seems too close for comfort for me.:eek: Will they wait, if shuttle bus late? Sent an e-mail directly to company of shuttle bus, no replies, even though they acknowledged receipt of my e-mail. Just sent an e-mail to my TA, waiting for his answer, in the meantime, has anyone experienced this?:confused:

Thank you

as long as it is a costa shuttle, they will wait. same goes for costa excursions.

I sure hope so, especially that we will be waiting almost 6 hrs. at the airport for them.:eek: I suspect that that is the time the shuttle bus takes people from ship to airport?:confused:

I sure hope so, especially that we will be waiting almost 6 hrs. at the airport for them.:eek: I suspect that that is the time the shuttle bus takes people from ship to airport?:confused:

That's the biggest disadvantage with using costa (or and line's) transfers. They wait until they have a fullish bus before they leave.

Why did you fly into nice? it's so far away from savona. Geona would've been a much closer choice.

That's the biggest disadvantage with using costa (or and line's) transfers. They wait until they have a fullish bus before they leave.

Why did you fly into nice? it's so far away from savona. Geona would've been a much closer choice.

Had a very good deal with airline and it was a direct flight, a plus for us and we will be doing a post cruise in Nice, something we always wanted to do.:)

GOA is a small airport with limited capacity, lots of Costa passengers fly into NCE. If you got a direct flight, that's very good. From Canada, it's always wise to plan for a flight delay, so booking on the last bus isn't a bad idea (I assume you've double-checked it is a Costa transfer). If you're early, the Costa rep will probably put you on the next available bus.

GOA is a small airport with limited capacity, lots of Costa passengers fly into NCE. If you got a direct flight, that's very good. From Canada, it's always wise to plan for a flight delay, so booking on the last bus isn't a bad idea (I assume you've double-checked it is a Costa transfer). If you're early, the Costa rep will probably put you on the next available bus.

Yes, the price of the transfer was added to the cost of the cruise. We had to print the transfer voucher when we received the e-tickets. The transfer says( at the top of the page ) CRUISE TICKET then Other Services purchased. It gives our booking No. our Cabin No. etc. It says that the Service is provided by GIOCO VIAGGI.

I doubt if they have more than 1 shuttle bus from Nice airport. They probably will be bringing people from the ship to Nice airport and pickings us up.We will probably be the last ones to embark. It takes about 2 hrs. from Nice to Savona.It's just that giving a last glance at the papers, I noticed that it says, 3:30 last embarkation time.

Thank You

• 6 years later...

I notice that the last post here is 2013... However... I also note that someone has had a Costa shuttle between Savona and Nice Airport...  

Does anyone know if they still do that?  ..and where I would look to find it?  [We arrive in Savona on Costa in April and need to get to Nice Airport.]

2 hours ago, DrT33th said:

I notice that the last post here is 2013... However... I also note that someone has had a Costa shuttle between Savona and Nice Airport...  

Does anyone know if they still do that?  ..and where I would look to find it?  [We arrive in Savona on Costa in April and need to get to Nice Airport.]

Check out this thread, see meassage no. 2, I attached Costa's transfer shuttles (only have it in German), this is from September this year. If you need more help, just ask:

On 12/1/2019 at 10:11 AM, DrT33th said:

Costa still have those shuttles (call them to add it to your booking). It costs 26 euros pp at the moment. We are using it on 9 April when Fortuna arrives in Savona. We expect the shuttle to arrive at Nice airport at about 1pm.  Flixbus (www.flixbus.com) are cheaper but you have to take a taxi to Savona railway station to catch them.

43 minutes ago, kremerlorraine said:

Costa still have those shuttles (call them to add it to your booking). It costs 26 euros pp at the moment. We are using it on 9 April when Fortuna arrives in Savona. We expect the shuttle to arrive at Nice airport at about 1pm.  Flixbus (www.flixbus.com) are cheaper but you have to take a taxi to Savona railway station to catch them.

🙂

It is Fortuna, from Singapore,  that we are on too  😎.  Thank you. I will give Costa a call.  

[BTW There is a fairly active Roll Call for this cruise underway.]

I did the transfer to Nice gare this spring. There were a half-dozen buses to Nice gare and several to NCE airport. First come first served, they checked off your name on a list, the bus left when full. Pretty straight-forward once you figured out the system.