sold out

DCguys

We're Celebrity cruisers who've dreamed of sailing Disney for ages. My work is sending me to Miami in Dec and we'd love to take advantage and sail Magic out of that port. Our dates are not flexible as a result of the business trip. Magic appears to be sold out in all outside and balcony cabins. Are there ever cancellations?

Very odd--early December is normally a slow time and the cruises both before and after the Dec 8 show plenty of availability. It makes me question what is happening here.

As above, the penalty period starts 75 days before the cruise. There are often cancellations just before the penalty period starts. IF a cruise is not selling well, there are sometimes special fares released just after the start of the penalty period. These are listed as IGT/OGT/VGT and while you do not get to choose a cabin under this system, you can choose a type of cabin.

Other possibilities as to why this cruise is not showing up may be things like a large corporate party looking at booking this date--DCL sometimes pulls cruises from booking briefly for various reasons. I would keep checking or call a travel agent who specializes in DCL (not all that say they do are really experts) and see what they can tell you.

OK...I've sailed both Celebrity (Infinity) and DCL--same cabin types, etc. There were things I liked better about Celebrity (food quality, guest services, return cruiser program/activities), but in general it is a "you get what you pay for" situation. The Magic cabins are MUCH larger, the dining service is better, the entertainment and kid programming doesn't begin to compare. As an adult, there were things I loved about Celebrity.....but for a family cruise, my daughter was less happy. In all honesty, I couldn't blame her. The youngest person at our dinner table other than the two of us was 65+, and there were very few people under 30 on the ship.

Good luck with the December 8 date.

I think the cruise has been chartered - it doesn't show available for sale at all on disney's website. That could be why you don't see anything!

That was my first thought...and I think this is the date that was chartered a couple weeks ago--they contacted people and were offering discounts, etc. as they had cancelled the cruise to the general public. I will re-check the date and verify.

Checked it--yes, that is the charter date. Sorry, that one will not be opening up at all.

It turns out you CAN book this cruise ... literally just saw this on my facebook feed and I LOL'd because I knew you were trying to book this date:

Turner Classic Movies cruise on the upgraded Disney Magic, Dec. 8-13, 2013: http://www.tcmcruise.com/

I haven't checked the prices, but I would totally do it because I love TCM. :D

My sister and parents are booked on the Magic out of Miami in November, then my husband and I are going in January from Port Canaveral (booked months ago when we knew the refit was coming). You should do it!

It turns out you CAN book this cruise ... literally just saw this on my facebook feed and I LOL'd because I knew you were trying to book this date:

Turner Classic Movies cruise on the upgraded Disney Magic, Dec. 8-13, 2013: http://www.tcmcruise.com/

I haven't checked the prices, but I would totally do it because I love TCM. :D

My sister and parents are booked on the Magic out of Miami in November, then my husband and I are going in January from Port Canaveral (booked months ago when we knew the refit was coming). You should do it!

Something is going on then--like some company buying out the whole ship and reselling it to guests. You can't book it thru DCL's site or any TA site as of this afternoon. A couple of weeks ago, previously booked guests were notified that their cruise was cancelled and offered $250 on top of whatever other deals to move to another date.

Very curious to compare the prices to a similar date thru DCL...but that's just my nosiness.

Have you? I'm curious as well what the TCM premium might be but not curious enough to look it up. Ha. I'm guessing they'll use the Walt Disney theater for most of their film events since the ship is chartered for film fans. I would like to do a TCM cruise some time. Wonder if they show all the great old movies about Atlantic crossings like 'Love Affair?' Instead of Mickey, do you get to meet Charles Boyer or Cary Grant lookalikes? :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Archived