Another RCL Points Question

Not sure why this seems so complicated to me. BUT - we have 75,000 points - and I'm trying to figure out how much off our cruise we can expect.

We've booked an Owner's Suite for a 7 day Caribbean sailing.

From what I've found on the internet - 75,000 pts = "Free Companion Fare on a 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing (minimum available oceanview, boardwalk view or central park view stateroom). Value of free companion fare may not exceed fifteen hundred dollars ($1,500 USD value)."

Does this mean we can expect $1500 off our cruise? Or do we have to calculate the cost as if we booked an oceanview, subtract the companion fare and then add the difference for the upgrade?

What is really confusing to me is at 125,000 points it caps at a $1,250 value but can be used for balcony rooms) - • "Free Companion Fare on a 7 night Caribbean sailing (minimum available balcony stateroom excluding suites). Value of free companion fare may not exceed twelve hundred fifty dollars ($1,250 USD value)."

I'm not sure I understand why more points has a lower cap. Anyone with experience cashing in points?

my guess is on the 125,000 points that is $1,250 each. we cashed in 125,000 on our Allure cruise last summer and they gave us a credit of $2,500 on a balcony cabin. we had to pay about $250 add'l

You will be credited for lowest outside cabin fare up to $1500.

We have used the 125,000 points for a free cruise for 2 and been credited for as much as $2500 on Allure. Next month, we paid $1 each for a balcony. It would have been free with our diamond discount, but then you would not get the points for the cruise.

Some award levels have more cash value. The 50K point level can be redeemed for a free 3/4 day cruise, max value $1000. As you noted, your 75K award can be redeemed for $1500. These awards that yield double the point value are the most valuable.

In your case, your credit will be the single person fare of the least expensive available OV stateroom on your sailing, at the time you redeem the points.

Archived