Vanity Drawer Size Balcony Cabin?

Shadavi

Hi, I admit I have OPCD :o but can anyone give me the internal measurements (Length/Width/and most importantly Depth) of the drawer in the vanity/desk on the Sun Class ships?

I am trying to organize the cabin/storage space for the best use for an upcoming very long cruise.

I have photos of the bathroom and cupboard but need this measurement:o

I haven't been on the Dawn since 2008 (*sniff* I miss her; please hug her for me.), and I'm desperately trying to remember. I think, think, that there was a fairly good-sized drawer in which I kept my flat iron and brushes, spray, and various hair accessories. I had most of my clothing in the baskets in the closet. This is very vague, I'm sorry. I remember having plenty of room, and I'm not a light packer!, but I was only on for one week and had a deluxe oceanview, which may have had a little extra space storage-wise. I don't have my photos on me at the moment but I'll dig them up tonight when I get home and see if I took a picture of the desk.

I guess I wasn't much help, but it was nice to have the chance to think about the Dawn again -- I really liked that ship. I'm envious of you getting to spend lots of time aboard her.

Hi, I admit I have OPCD :o but can anyone give me the internal measurements (Length/Width/and most importantly Depth) of the drawer in the vanity/desk on the Sun Class ships?

I am trying to organize the cabin/storage space for the best use for an upcoming very long cruise.

I have photos of the bathroom and cupboard but need this measurement:o

I can't help with measurements on Dawn, but here is a site that shows a picture of the desk/vanity in a twin bedded balcony cabin. I assume that they are using the same vanity in all cabins. http://www.cruise-australia.net/dawn-princess.htm

I found some folding "cloth" over cardboard boxes at Dollar Tree, (2/$1), not fancy, but did a great job containing my make up and some other "stuff" in the drawers. The other Princess ships that we have been on have 2 drawers on each side of the desk, but one was the side table for the bed. The drawers were about 6" deep, 10" wide and about 10-12 inches front to back. The boxes were about 6" wide and 8-9" front to back, 4" deep. So I could push it to the back corner and have room along side for my flat iron and room in front for a jar of cream and moist make up remover pads.

Have a wonderful cruise! I can't wait until we retire and can go on some extended vacations! :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH4PkomoORBw4zUalPLKgYi6hBJN0B9JMOh5v-wm4_I45-2yx9

Here's a picture of similar boxes..

Thanks to you all. Some really good tips here. Will post on the A/NZ site as suggested. Have photos of the balcony room from the Sun when we were on with our granddaughters but we were in the mini next door and half their gear ended up in our room anyway-the other half on every piece of available furniture or floor. Never cruised in anything less than a mini for long cruises so packing this time needs to be tight. DH takes most of the room in cupboard and bathroom for his stuff so I have to be clever with the remaining space for everything else.

I did not take a photo of my cabin on that cruise, but I did find this photo -- it's of a standard oceanview, but you shouldn't have less space! The desk drawers are as I remembered: fairly deep. Hope this helps a little (click to enlarge the photo.)

user_207_img_0489_crop.jpg.13e3e74de7b71daadc658c53704168b1.jpg

Thanks for the photo. The drawer I need the measurements for is the curved drawer above the stool. It is quite a bit shallower than the bedside drawers but could be very handy and make life a lot smoother if I can arrange it with dividers to organise all my miscellaneous bit and pieces.

Archived