Victory aft wrap or ocean suite

Dh and I had an aft wrap on the Triumph last Sept. Loved it!!! cabin 7425. We have never had a suite (we are booked in one for Nov). Aft wrap is very spacious and the balcony is amazing.

1568162020_429263_4045666738308_704309634_n1.jpg.a57759f4c251ec95f551b03e23d3d334.jpg

13831161_263878_4045662938213_1715126307_n1.jpg.6f50dbc2cb90a78ced7ce9f8ffc57328.jpg

Currently booked on a 5 day Victory verandah aft wrap (with FTTF), there was a price drop today for an empress ocean suite for about $100 more than my current booking. Which would you choose?

When will you ever be able to get a suite at this price again? Go for it. I, however, am looking at one of the AFT balconies next year on the Victory. If you choose the balcony, I would be interested in hearing your reviews !

I'd keep the aft wrap. I love aft wraps. I prefer the location and I'd take an aft wrap or any aft facing balcony over anything anywhere else on the ship.

Last time I had an aft wrap on the Victory, they called me and offered me a similar deal for a suite and I turned it down.

Aft wrap! Aft wrap! Aft wrap! We had a suite on the Magic last year and although the room was very nice - the balcony was the smallest one we've ever had. Love the back of the ship overlooking the wake - nothing like it. Just depends on what's important to you.

Dh and I had an aft wrap on the Triumph last Sept. Loved it!!! cabin 7425. We have never had a suite (we are booked in one for Nov). Aft wrap is very spacious and the balcony is amazing.

Interestingly, I believe the room layout is different for the 8th deck aft wrap than your pic shows of 7425, the bed is on the opposite wall facing the windows.

I have an aft wrap booked on the Victory later this summer. Like others have said I love looking at the ship's wake and can walk around to see the sunrise,sunsets too! An added bonus is that there is a lot less foot traffic at the back of the boat. :)

The only time we changed from an aft wrap to a suite was last year on the old Destiny. We were early saver & the suite price was less than the wrap. We tried to keep the wrap with an OBC, but they said, no, we had to move, so we got priority boarding, a $100 OBC, and a suite mid-ship. Otherwise, I wouldn't switch.

What's more important to you: Cabin space or balcony space? We've had a verandah aft wrap twice and the balcony is fantastic but the room is incredibly small and oddly configured. We've also had an Ocean Suite and had way more room in the cabin but didn't like being on Deck 7. A great compromise is the Premium balcony next to the aft wraps on deck 8 only. You get an extra long balcony and the room is huge!

We loved our Aft Wrap on the 7th deck on the Liberty.

Something about the light coming in from two sides in that room... made the room seem larger than it was.

Have you ever sailed in an Aft Wrap cabin? If not, I would keep it.

Catrin

We sprung for the ocean suite on the victory for our 20th anniversary, more space was really all if gave us. I felt like it was just wasted money as Carnival offers virtually nothing in the way of suite perks. Given the choice youre faced with I personally would take the wrap. But like another poster stated what do you prefer, a little more cabin room or a great balcony?

We received a upsale call about 3 weeks ago offering to move us from our aft wrap to an ocean suite for 230$ on our upcoming Victory cruise. The sales person kept pointing out how much bigger the room was and I get pointing out how much bigger the balcony was. The kicker in all this was my wife was listening and doesn't know that I had already upgraded us from an Lshape cabin to the aft wrap when prices fell !! So I turned down the suite upgrade and in about 11 days will get to surprise the wife !!:D

Archived