Once you go Epic, can you go back?

It had been many years since I had done several cruises and when I got back in to cruising again, we sailed the Epic when she first came out. I thought the same thing as you. I was so afraid that I was going to be disappointed and nothing would live up to the Epic.

We did the Spirit. She is a VERY unique ship and so different than the rest of the fleet. We loved her, but it was a "different" experience for sure. It was more laid back and peaceful instead of trying to do everything and fit everything in on just a week cruise.

Then we sailed the Pearl, then the Star and we come to realize just how MUCH we loved the Spirit.

However, I think a vacation is what you make of it...whether it be full of things to do or just relaxing. To me, a vacation is a vacation...I'm away from the hussle of work, school, and every day life.

But, I do find myself wanting "more"...more like the Epic. I really want to go on the Breakaway and Getaway just because it has SO MUCH to offer. They both just look amazing. Even though it gets hectic, I still love packing everything in. However, their pricing is just out of my league at the moment and I will have to wait for awhile. Maybe once the "newness" wears off it will drop some. Because of this, I have been wanting to go on either Oasis or Allure...just because they are huge and have so much to do.

Since NCL decided to pull out of the Caribbean during the summer months, I was forced to try another line. We are booked on Carnivals Dream, leaving next week, and we booked it because of everything it has (that NCL's smaller-older fleets seem to be missing). It has the waterpark (like the Epic), it also has things to do like putt-putt and just looks like there's more to do. I know people say that Carnival has declined over the years with service, but this cruise is going to be a "fun" cruise with plenty to do. :)

We do have the Jewel booked for December. Since I have been on the Pearl (which is a sister ship), I pretty much know what to expect on this cruise...a relaxing cruise. :)

Archived