Something I didnt realize till this cruise about making reservations (triangle)

Just for others who might run into this...

Say you are travelling with a larger group, and you want 3 folks in a cabin, and you want to get other cabins close to your first one.

If you are still far out (170 days in this case), then when you go looking for available cabins, if you do it with 3 people selected, it will show you say all of the D2's, but if you do it with 2, it will tell you the ones with a triangle symbol arent available.

It makes sense, they want to hold those for parties more than 2, but I hadnt realized it previously and it cause us some consternation this time.

One corralary that irks me though is they do NOT hold "connecting" staterooms that long. It was almost impossible to get a connecting balcony to an owners suite, had to change planned cruise dates to finally do it. I get that people want those D2's because they are on the hump and get a little more balcony, but it is frustrating for those who actually want to use connecting staterooms.

Done venting <grin>

Sometimes, depending on the time of year, they will release these cabins to you when asked and for a family who wants to be next door. Also on quantum some connected cabins will be held for people like you. Likely this will also start happening on other ships.

Just for others who might run into this...

Say you are travelling with a larger group, and you want 3 folks in a cabin, and you want to get other cabins close to your first one.

If you are still far out (170 days in this case), then when you go looking for available cabins, if you do it with 3 people selected, it will show you say all of the D2's, but if you do it with 2, it will tell you the ones with a triangle symbol arent available.

It makes sense, they want to hold those for parties more than 2, but I hadnt realized it previously and it cause us some consternation this time.

One corralary that irks me though is they do NOT hold "connecting" staterooms that long. It was almost impossible to get a connecting balcony to an owners suite, had to change planned cruise dates to finally do it. I get that people want those D2's because they are on the hump and get a little more balcony, but it is frustrating for those who actually want to use connecting staterooms.

Done venting <grin>

Archaegeo, book the staterooms to thfe best of you ability and then call as they see a wider picture of the staterooms

I just wish you could look at the deck map and see which rooms were still available, would make booking soooooo much easier

There are sites that do this...they can't be mentioned here, but try making some mock bookings on the big TRAVEL websites that book airlines, hotels AND cruises, they use a different interface which shows flashing arrows next to available cabins in the category you are searching. Then you can go to the Royal website and " ask" for that cabin # specifically.

Or, just have the deck plans in front of you and call on the phone....that way, they can tell you about all the cabins that interest you...and you can book then and there. On the phone is quite easy and fast!

Archived