Time for new PVP?!?

Last week I e-mailed our PVP and let him know I wanted to upgrade my 2014 cruise. I still have yet to hear back from him, and that is after I followed up my e-mail with a call and voicemail on Friday, Monday and Wednesday. Just feeling like I'm not getting a very good PVP experience here... The other times he has helped it was okay, but I never felt a great connection or that he did anything another person at Carnival could have done... We cruise once a year, so not a whole lot for commissions, but it IS once a year! Is this typical for PVP's? And if not, how do I change?

Last week I e-mailed our PVP and let him know I wanted to upgrade my 2014 cruise. I still have yet to hear back from him, and that is after I followed up my e-mail with a call and voicemail on Friday, Monday and Wednesday. Just feeling like I'm not getting a very good PVP experience here... The other times he has helped it was okay, but I never felt a great connection or that he did anything another person at Carnival could have done... We cruise once a year, so not a whole lot for commissions, but it IS once a year! Is this typical for PVP's? And if not, how do I change?

This is one of the reasons I don't use a PVP. I book on-line with Carnival directly, and if I have any changes / upgrades / etc to do, I contact the 1-800 # and speak with the capable people who answer the phone.

Personally, I would contact your PVP by email and advise that he/she is no longer able to act on your behalf. Call the 1-800 # and ask them to look at the upgrade option you are interested in. Once they have made the change, login to "My Cruise Manager" and confirm the changes etc.

Good Luck !

Why use one in the first place? I've booked all of mine on Carnival.com. When the price drops or I want to upgrade to a higher deck or stateroom I just call Carnival and they make it happen. With that said, any requests are prior to me paying in full and based on availability. It usually takes me 5 minutes to book my cruise.

I don't use one either- I either use a big online TA or book directly. That said, it's been crazy with Friends and Family and the other sales and people have been on hold for hours. Things may settle down in a week or so.

I would ask around when you meet your roll call or some time you get together with other carnival cruisers. I didnt like my first PVP who never emailed me back and didnt know a lot of things.

I got a very good recommendation, thanks to CC, and love the one I now have.

I think its worth while to have a advocate at Carnival in the event of problems. Why go it alone? Im very glad to have someone as good as my PVP.

Sounds like I'll just give Carnival a call then... Guess I was hoping the PVP's could see better ideas or something... In this case, heh,we just decided we want to bump up to a balcony and give it a try... Only looks to be $250-$300 more than our current OV room.... :) Thanks for the input everyone!

Sounds like I'll just give Carnival a call then... Guess I was hoping the PVP's could see better ideas or something... In this case, heh,we just decided we want to bump up to a balcony and give it a try... Only looks to be $250-$300 more than our current OV room.... :) Thanks for the input everyone!

An extra tip, I don't use our "assigned" PVP either, but when I do call if I don't seem to click I just call back. When I do get someone that it seems I want to work with I make sure to get their name and extension, that way atleast they have a point of reference if I have to call back about something and I don't have to explain myself each and every time.

We have had our PVP for 8 of our previous cruises, and for our up-coming B2B. She always calls me back within 24 hrs of an email or phone message. She comes up with different ways to save me money and the location on the ship. She even sends Birthday & Christmas cards. They aren't a Carnival card either. She works from home and doesn't bug me all the time trying to get me to book.

Just my experience.

Good Luck

Gary &Rox

Same here, My Rep works m-s 11am till 8pm. If I call in those hrs he always calls back in fast time..Most I ever waited was 2 hrs during a CCL issue at time. Keep looking for a good PVP they can be very good. I found mine using the PVP direct line 1-800-819-3902 not the CCL 800# on web site.

Just call the main number and they can do it for you.

I've NEVER had a PVP problem. In fact, the one I had before my current one was my advocate in a big way back in 2005.

I was scheduled on the Conquest out of NOLA for late September...and Katrina hit. We were notified that the ship had repositioned and would be leaving out of Galveston until further notice. Fortunately my airline worked with me to change the flights without a penalty after explaining.

Anyway, the week before our cruise out of Galveston, Hurricane Rita hit. Our cruise was shortened from a 7 day to a 4 day. The entire week before anything was announced I would check with my PVP daily. He either would answer or call me back within just a few minutes.

So, two days before we were supposed to leave he called to tell me that our cruise had been shortened from a 7 day to a 4 day and that we would be getting a refund for the 3 days. At that point I told him I would prefer a full refund and cancellation since this wasn't what I'd paid for. He did continue to try to get me to stay on the cruise, but finally relented and allowed me to cancel for a full refund.

He's gone now and I have a new PVP and she's very "on top of things". She always calls back, she's very friendly and maybe once or twice a year will shoot me an email or make a call to see if I'm interested in a sale or just to touch base.

Although I make all my own shore excursion arrangements, I definitely like having someone who I have spoken to many times and actually had brief conversations with that will talk me through what I want and explain things to me rather than me having to research everythign on the sometimes ridiculously slow Carnival site.

To each his or her own...personally I like the service I get from my PVP. If I had a bad one I might think differently.

And, I can't imagine if you called the Carnival # and explained that they wouldn't assign you to someone else. I would think the feedback would be worth it to the company.

Archived