"Live" internet posting from our May Marquesas cruise

kathy16

Doesn't matter what the itinerary is - the internet is slow and painful and the minutes add up quickly! I found my iphone was quicker than the ship's computers. the internet cafe on Bra Bora is pretty good.

As FlightMedic555 suggested use word to form post and then copy & paste. Don't upload pictures as it takes time to load or you make the picture so low in resolution that the quality doesn't do justice to what your wanting to shore. Another words post words only ;)

We will enjoy reading so please do share. When you get back then you can share pictures :)

I didn't do PG live- but I've done other "live" updates. Do take the advice to write off line. Try to use the Internet at "off" times- early AM was good, no one except the Ozzies are skyping at that hour- if you get organized you could post before breakfast. Dinner time is quieter too, but of course you may in fact want to eat dinner:p

Just before dinner is the absolute worst, the large majority of N American and European pax are all using it to check in at home at the same time.

Good luck! I do hope we hear from you, I enjoy a regular update from the PG!

Thanks for the info and suggestions. I am excited about my cruise- will be leaving next week. I really enjoyed Family's review. Have to look at it again before I go.

Kathy

We are on the same cruise as Kathy, and looking forward to meeting her and the other members of the roll call.

We leave tomorrow for a "vacation" in California before flying to Tahiti. :D

I want to thank all those who were so informative to us for our first PG cruise. I could name several people, but I would particularly mention the help of Familygoboston, Tikiintahiti and Emdee, who have been so helpful to us!!! I can't imagine going on a cruise like this and not having received all the information provided by this group.

THANKS!!!

Gerry

Archived