Question about Guarantee Mini-suites

Scotts73

We are new to NCL. If we book a category MX, a GTY mini-suite on the Pearl, we know we will most likely be put somewhere in a mini-suite on the ship. Is it possible to get upgraded to a higher "suite" category, for example a penthouse suite or family suite?

We won't count on it, but just curious if it's even a possibility? I remember reading somewhere on here that GTY mini-suites NEVER are upgraded..is this true? Thanks in advance :)

The jump from a mini-suite to a suite is significant, unlike most other upgrades (e.g., inside to ov, ov to balcony, etc.). I don't believe I've ever read about a free upgrade from a mini to a full suite. But I could be wrong. And anything's possible. Just unlikely.

I was in a mini-suite on the Pearl last September - I highly doubt they would upgrade you to another suite level as they are a bit more expensive. But like the other poster said, you never know, you may get lucky. Enjoy the Pear, we had a great time :).

I cannot imagine it because of the usual big price difference between the two. A mini suite is not a suite in any way. It's a nice cabin (and we always book one) but it is only a deluxe balcony cabin. Wish NCL wouldn't call them a mini suite.

Be careful about booking a mini-suite guarantee on the Pearl. Some of the mini's are under the teen and kid's "dance clubs" and arcade on the port side.

Don't every book a guarantee unless you'll be happy with whatever they give you in your category or above. Plenty of stories of disappointment on here. You're more likely to end up with a less than desirable room than you are an upgrade.

Last week there was someone on here jumping up and down as they got a call from NCL upgrading them from a mini to a PH at no cost. I will try to go find the post and link it. It does happen but it wont happen until a few days before the cruise and only if there are rooms available. So you have to go into a GTY being happy with what ever room they put you in. Remember that what you call and upgrade is not the same as the cruise line

Best of luck

They are extremely unlikely to upgrade a guarantee mini to any suite. They would first upgrade or offer the full-fare mini's a shot at any empty suites. Then they would offer balcony customers a shot at the mini's that were available. At the end of all this they would use the GTYs to fill in the rooms (aka the rooms nobody else wanted)

Thank you for all of the replies! Just looked at our sailing date and there is no longer anything available for the GTY mini-suite! Guess now I don't even have the choice, unless we cruise the following week.

Thanks again! :)

Archived