Question about lanyards

Does Disney hand out hanging lanyards with the room keys? I've been on both Disney Dream and Fantasy but both were media trips and they gave us the hanging lanyards. Do they do this for everybody? One less thing to pack if they do.

Also, I'm trying to put together a list of paid food and drink items for my family members. Please let me know what I've left off.

Alcohol

Specialty coffee drinks (are the bakery items at the cafe free?)

Smoothies

Specialty restaurants

Anything else?

Anyone who is a castaway club member (sailing on the 2nd or more cruise) will get lanyards. First time cruisers don't but they sell them in the gift shop.

The bakery items in the cafe are included at no extra charge.

Soft drinks with meals and at the drink stations are included at no charge, but soft drinks ordered at the bars or through room service you are charged for.

As above, repeat cruisers get lanyards. First timers do not, but they are sold in the gift shops for about $8. Also, DVC members get them as part of their DVC gift, whether cruising on points or cash.

There are a very few snack items that have a charge whether obtained at a bar, outside a theater, or from room service. These are things like boxed candy (like you'd get at a movie theater) and popcorn. You can get snack stuff from the pool deck outlets and take that to the movie with you if desired.

Yes, the snacks at the Cove Cafe or Vista Cafe are at no charge. The specialty coffees are charged.

Sodas--the easiest way to think of it is fountain service is included with cruise fare. If it comes in a can, there is a charge.

Adult dining, alcohol, and smoothies about has it covered. Your server will happily add some cherries/juice to you child's drink at no additional charge if they want something special in the MDRs.

Yes' date=' the snacks at the Cove Cafe or Vista Cafe are at no charge. The specialty coffees are charged.

.[/quote']

Note that at the Cove Café, you can get a frequent purchase/bean card and get your sixth coffee free.

I took an insulated mug with a lid and poured my sodas into that (they ask that you use their glass or paper cup to fill your own mug) for when I sat on deck or in the evening took a mug back to my cabin. If you like a soda with dinner, the server will have it waiting for you after the first night.

To keep the drinks cost down check the daily list of things to do in one cornner there is a "drink of the day" the price is much less than the other mixed drinks at the bar.

the insulated cup with a straw is also a great thing to keep with you also for iced water and other fountain drinks.

To keep the drinks cost down check the daily list of things to do in one cornner there is a "drink of the day" the price is much less than the other mixed drinks at the bar.

the insulated cup with a straw is also a great thing to keep with you also for iced water and other fountain drinks.

And along those lines, there are often 2 for 1 specials offered about 4 pm by the adult pool. The same are good at any bar, but I only see the roaming servers by the pool.

Best thing to do before a show is give yourself some time to hop up to Deck 11 and grab a soda/water/ lemonade to bring with you. They sell sodas and popcorn/ snacks outside the theater....but you can quickly grab one for "free."

Archived