Emerald Princess minisuite question

musicmom3

We've just changed our September rez from a balcony on Caribe deck to a guaranteed ME minisuite, at a savings of $500. From the searching I've done here, I see that "guaranteed" means that we might not know our room assignment until we board. I am over the moon about getting to experience a minisuite, but I also want to prepare myself for the worst-case scenario, just in case. I've read that some Princess ships have minisuites without tubs and beds that can't be pushed into a queen. Does anybody know if these exist on the Emerald? Are there any "bad" minisuites? And since the ME category is at the far front and far back of the ship, would these be unbearably rocky on a transatlantic crossing? Thanks for any and all help!

We've just changed our September rez from a balcony on Caribe deck to a guaranteed ME minisuite, at a savings of $500. From the searching I've done here, I see that "guaranteed" means that we might not know our room assignment until we board. I am over the moon about getting to experience a minisuite, but I also want to prepare myself for the worst-case scenario, just in case. I've read that some Princess ships have minisuites without tubs and beds that can't be pushed into a queen. Does anybody know if these exist on the Emerald? Are there any "bad" minisuites? And since the ME category is at the far front and far back of the ship, would these be unbearably rocky on a transatlantic crossing? Thanks for any and all help!

The only thing you'll find that most not all mini-suites are wide open to the elements. All the balconies above you can seen down onto the mini-suite balconies.

Not to worry! All the mini-suites on Emerald Princess have tubs and beds that can be pushed together for a queen.

You'll have a full size couch, two flat screen TVs, and a large closet.

Have a great time on Emerald! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Thank you, Kamloops50. I knew about the wide open balconies from pictures. I can't see any advantages to not having at least some coverage on a balcony, (although sunbathers probably love the openness). If I were a ship designer, I would surely have done it differently!:)

The Mini's also have a bigger bathroom with a bath tub with a shower. This is a big plus over the small showers in the balcony. I love the Mini's and am now spoiled and can't go back to a balcony. I prefer the cabins at the rear of the ship. When you are assigned your cabin you can change cabins within your assigned category if thre are available cabins you would like better. You just call Princess if your booked directly or your TA if you used one. I have done this before and it worked out well. Hae a great cruise.

There are no minis on the Emerald that do not have tubs and that have beds that cannot be reconfigured into a queen. That was an issue with some of the older ships that was corrected with the Emerald and her sister ships. No need to worry about that.

As far as movement goes, I would rather be all the way aft than forward. My experience is that you get the most movement forward. I have never found aft to have much more movement than midship. The dolphin deck minis have totally uncovered balconies and the emerald deck minis have fully covered balconies. I think the emerald deck minis are the best on the ship because of their covered balconies and I love the aft location. It is very convenient for dining venues.

Remember that when you get your guaranteed assignment you can request to be changed to another cabin in the same category. If Princess has a cabin available they will give it to you. I have done this many times including on my most recent cruise in December. If you get assigned an ME cabin all the way forward, I would ask to be switched to an ME that is aft.

Archived