Bahamas in Feb???

lilrere

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the weather the last week of Feb? We are booked on the Dream for a 4 night on Feb 23rd and I have talked to a couple of people who said it was cold! Not looking for a Alaskan cruise :) would like to be in the water. We have a 3 and 5 year old who really want to be in the water :D So would it be worth it to wait until April?

My daughter and I did a February DCL Bahamas in 2007. To us it was cool. We sat on the beach and enjoyed the sunshine but the breeze made it cool enough that we used our towels as blankets. We only put toes in the water.

3 and 5 year olds might have a blast just playing in the sand next to the water. Or you may hit warmer weather than we did. Also, we live in southeastern Virginia so if you live farther north you may not think it felt as cool as we did.

Thanks! We actually live in Alabama so we like it HOT :p but my kids will get in the water even if they turn blue! I was just hoping there would be enough activities to keep them busy so we would not have to rely on the pool to be there entertainment. As long as we can walk around and not have jackets on I think we can handle it! :)

Hello! If you are from Alabama water is going to be cold for you, now as of walking around it will be perfectly fine, jackets only in the event there is a cold front, which is not very commun. Typical feb weather is really nice to stroll, you can wear shorts and summer cloth, no threat of hurricanes and no humidity... so go for it!!!!

Ele

I lived in the Bahamas for a short time and in Feb. it can be 80 or it can be 58. Both are rare but it can happen. Typical is mid 70's during the day and mid 60's at night. Water will be cold. You will need a shorty wetsuit at minimum for snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...
As others have said that time of the year the weather can range from it feeling cool to warm or even hot.

Keith

I agree with Keith. We have been to the Bahamas in March and I thought it was cold. We have also been there in January and I thought it was fine. We ended up buying a wetsuit for our son to combat the cold. Our son has very little body fat and poor circulation to begin with so he needs very warm outside temperature and water temps to be comfortable. They make all different sorts of wetsuit tops, vests and full and short wetsuits for kids.

Archived