Carnival Legend on her way to Oz

• 3 weeks later...
DW tells me that according to FaceBook, Carnival Legend will home port out of Queensland when she comes here for her second season in 2015.

Wouldn't she ( the ship ..not your DW) be too big to get into the Portside terminal there and I could not see them using the grain terminal for embarking/ debarking on a regular basis.

DW tells me that according to FaceBook, Carnival Legend will home port out of Queensland when she comes here for her second season in 2015.

Not according to Carnival's media release a couple of weeks back, which said "Carnival Cruise Lines today announced the upcoming arrival of a second ship, Carnival Legend, sailing seasonally from Sydney from 24 September 2014".

http://carnivalaustralia.com/media-releases/2013/may/carnival-cruise-lines-announces-second-ship-for-australia.aspx

I guess we'll know more later today when Carnival releases detail of Carnival Legend’s itineraries for 2014-15.

Cheers

Bob

Wouldn't she ( the ship ..not your DW) be too big to get into the Portside terminal there and I could not see them using the grain terminal for embarking/ debarking on a regular basis.

also would it fit under the Gateway Bridge

From what I remember all ships going up the Brisbane river have to be 260m long or under. Those Carnival ships are around 293m long so any visit there would have to be to the grain terminal.

If any ships go to Brisbane it would be the P&O ones to free up capacity for two Carnival ships in Sydney. I have a feeling that the Carnival group is trying to minimise their ships going to Sydney that can fit under the bridge just so they dont have to dock at white bay. They threeatened it in the media and now it looks like they are making good on their threats by basing ships here too big to go under the harbour bridge and relocating the others out of Sydney.

From what I remember all ships going up the Brisbane river have to be 260m long or under. Those Carnival ships are around 293m long so any visit there would have to be to the grain terminal.

If any ships go to Brisbane it would be the P&O ones to free up capacity for two Carnival ships in Sydney. I have a feeling that the Carnival group is trying to minimise their ships going to Sydney that can fit under the bridge just so they dont have to dock at white bay. They threeatened it in the media and now it looks like they are making good on their threats by basing ships here too big to go under the harbour bridge and relocating the others out of Sydney.

That's why I call it Whiite Elephant Bay.

Archived