Future Cruise / Open Passage OBC when claiming a price adjustment

I have used Open passages a couple of times and they have worked well for me in the past. So far I have never been in a position to claim a price adjustment so combining the two is new territory for me.

For my upcoming cruise the price for my AX category room has decreased and so I have approached my TA for the reduction.

The answer I have from Celebrity via my agent is...

1. I would lose my Passages OBC ($200) to make the adjustment. Since I am not asking to cancel I do not follow why this is the case.
    If it were the reduction is greater than $200 so I would still be ahead this way.
  2. Another factor is that our booking was under a promotion for reduced flight prices. X would re-quote the flight at the current rate which they say is higher, thereby making the adjustment almost worthless.

The flight re-price seems valid, however if I try to rebook my cruise on the X website the promotional fare is still offered, suggesting to me that there should be no extra cost.

I spoke with Captains club in UK who cannot discuss prices since I have a travel agent but confirmed the flight promotion is on the website but could not confirm the position on booking terms which may restrict the offer of the promotional flight rate for the adjustment.

I suspect that either Celebrity or my T/A are not dealing with this fairly, but cannot speak with the agent until tomorrow to get them to make the case again.

Anyone got any experience of a price adjustment with Passages OBC or promotional rates.

The OBC you get when you use your Open Passage depends on the length of the cruise, not the price of the cruise.

Not sure what the rules are in the UK, but here in the States, if I use an Open Passage for a 15-day TA, I receive $300 OBC. I still get whatever price reductrions that come on down the line.

The OBC you get when you use your Open Passage depends on the length of the cruise, not the price of the cruise.

Not sure what the rules are in the UK, but here in the States, if I use an Open Passage for a 15-day TA, I receive $300 OBC. I still get whatever price reductrions that come on down the line.

My cruise is 12 nights so I received $200 OBC. My question is whether passages OBC can be affected by a price adjustment. Sounds like your expectation that this should not be affected so long as we do not actually cancel.

Archived