Are Aft balcony's much noisier

jackg962

I saw a you tube video of the aft balcony on the Epic. It was very noisy, is that how the aft balcony's are? I see people always wanting the aft cabins

I stayed in an AFT on the Jewel. I loved it so much. I slept every night with the balcony door open just to hear the wake. The only "noise" that would wake me up during the night is the water splashing down onto the balcony while they cleaned the deck of the Garden Cafe :eek:

I have another AFT booked on the Breakaway.

I saw a you tube video of the aft balcony on the Epic. It was very noisy, is that how the aft balcony's are? I see people always wanting the aft cabins

I never thought it was noisy. Just the opposite, actually. Also, the balconies are much larger than other balcony cabins!

It really depends on how fast the ship is moving. The faster it goes the louder it gets. My only aft balcony experience was on the Star, deck 9, on a Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA. The ship was doing 22 knots the whole way. The only way I can describe the sound it made was a roar. That said, we loved it anyway. But it can be quite loud.

Another * yes * vote here for an aft balcony!

The sound of that wake is soooooo relaxing, chilling on your balcony with a glass of something cold!

And the views coming into and leaving the ports are amazing as well. Loved it!! :)

34t8j95.jpg

The view never gets old. Some may like AFT's because they can be "loud" depending on speed and how many engines are running. Others may not like AFT's because they are located at the rear of the ship making for longer walks. Personally, I loved it!

Archived