Debarkation Time on POA

ride4806

I have done a search on this, but all the threads were at least two years old-at that point folks were saying that they had to be out of their room by 9:30 am and off the ship by 10:30 am at the latest. I am attempting to set up a Robert's pickup time as late as possible, since we have a noon flight to Maui, so I am wondering if there has been any change in this policy in the past few years. Also is there any amount of time you have to be at the airport before your flights-here in RI they recommend that you arrive two hours before but not sure if that is different in Hawaii? Thanks for any help with this!

Latest disembarkation time is a cruise line policy, so I would be looking on the NCL board. Generally, 9:30 or 10am is the industry standard, and that hasn't changed.

For Honolulu airport, 60 minutes is good for inter-island.

This morning, the "all passengers must disembark at this time" announcement came at 9am. The Terminal was completely empty of claimed bags (we were waiting for a tour) by 9:30 or so. I wouldn't plan on being on board after 9am.

Currently in downtown Waikiki. POA & Rhapsody are both in. Traffic in this town is a nightmare and basically walking pace from Pier 2 in downtown. Took over an hour for drop offs. From ship to airport is not so bad.

Took 45 minutes to airport from downtown Waikiki and we allowed a good 90 minutes to check in for Maui. TSA is just as strict here as anywhere else so don't think you can just breeze through..I would be off the ship by 9am latest.

BTW great choice going to Maui.

Archived